Pheonix Thread

Pics
Here's some more pictures for my trio, I tried to get the odd parts that I don't have on my others. The only odd part of the white one is that red spot on her head. She didn't have one when she had fluff, it grew in.
The cockerel kinda looks like he has cream, but I’m not sure if that gene is in phoenixes (and if it is, it’s probably rare). He’s probably silver/gold split (golden) and looks like he has duckwing genetics but also columbian(?) genetics, which is why he has more silver and less black. The gold pullet also looks mostly duckwing with some columbian genes. The white pullet is most likely dominant white with leakage, unless you have no white birds that could be her parents. If that’s the case, then she’s probably self silver/columbian restricted silver (like self buff, the color of buff orpingtons, but with the silver gene). However, the red spot makes me think she has dominant white.

The cockerel kinda looks like he has cream, but I’m not sure if that gene is in phoenixes (and if it is, it’s probably rare). He’s probably silver/gold split (golden) and looks like he has duckwing genetics but also columbian(?) genetics, which is why he has more silver and less black. The gold pullet also looks mostly duckwing with some columbian genes. The white pullet is most likely dominant white with leakage, unless you have no white birds that could be her parents. If that’s the case, then she’s probably self silver/columbian restricted silver (like self buff, the color of buff orpingtons, but with the silver gene). However, the red spot makes me think she has dominant white.
They all came out of golden duckwings parents. It's (not really) possible his mother had silver as a grandparent, other than that, everything in their family is supposed to be golden. Their aunt's all vary from the standard golden too though. That's why I'm so puzzled by all of them

They all came out of golden duckwings parents. It's (not really) possible his mother had silver as a grandparent, other than that, everything in their family is supposed to be golden. Their aunt's all vary from the standard golden too though. That's why I'm so puzzled by all of them
You’re sure that they aren’t crosses? Also, by a “silver” you mean silver duckwing, right?
The gold pullet could be a off-colored duckwing and the cockerel could possibly be a golden (gold/silver split) duckwing with a lot of silver leakage, but I’m not sure about the white pullet.

You’re sure that they aren’t crosses? Also, by a “silver” you mean silver duckwing, right?
The gold pullet could be a off-colored duckwing and the cockerel could possibly be a golden (gold/silver split) duckwing with a lot of silver leakage, but I’m not sure about the white pullet.
1000% sure. I only had the phoenixes running around when I collected eggs, and that's all their old owners had on the property period.

And yeah, I meant silver duckwings

I'm not too concerned though the colors aren't pure. I'm not showing, and I love getting these random colors. I had blondes Last year, but I think their mom was the one the feral cat got last winter 😑

Again, it's possible the parents had silver grandparents. Other than that, I think they came from a hatchery past the grandparents. It was a rather closed flock before I got them
Silver grandparents wouldn’t explain their colors. You said you have goldens, which already have the silver gene.

Back
Top Bottom