phesant hatching egg question

Out of the first 24 that were shipped to me, 7 were sterile and no development. Today is day 21 and going into lockdown, hopefully the rest all hatch out :)

Its actually day 22,I looked at the calander wrong. I just heard chirping and looked through the glass and 1 has already piped. Is hatching at 22 days ok?

The first one that piped yesterday afternoon just hatched out :) 3 more pips so far.

I am on day 23 1/2 with 5 of 8 shipped pheasant eggs that looked great at lockdown. They have been in lockdown with humidity fluxuating between 65 and 75%, temp 98.7 to 99.5. However, on day one of lockdown 2 days ago, the power went out and the temp dropped to 85 degrees. The power was out for about an hour. I also had chicken eggs in there (11) and I have had 9 hatch so far (day 22 for them today). No pips or any sign from the pheasants yet. I am hoping to see something soon :)

Last edited:
Omg, they are so adorable! Three have hatched today. I will leave them in until tomorrow morning. Hoping the other two will follow soon. :)

I am new to raising pheasants also and new to this website. Don't know how to start my own questions but anyways, it's day 23 almost day 24 and no pips yet. I have the humid running at 45 to 50% and temp at 98.9 to 99.5 degrees. When should I expect to see the first pip, if anybody knows?

Back
Top Bottom