phesant hatching egg question

sshannon024

In the Brooder
10 Years
Apr 28, 2009
Eastern Kentucky
This will be my first time trying to incubate phesant eggs, any tips for a successful hatch. I have been told to keep my temp at 100 F in a forced air incubator but what should my humidity be?

Either way is fine, but if your turning them by hand laying down is probably the easiest. Its well worth the money to invest in an auto turner. They are not expensive and save a lot of time. If you just received them be sure and let your eggs rest at room temperature before placing them in your incubator.

I leave my turner on thru the duration.Have had much better hatching with it on.I also leave the humidity the same.When chicks are hatching it adds a little more humidity.
In N.H.,Tony.

I am currently incubating 8 shipped pheasant eggs...we are on day 9. I candled at day 5 and was fairly certain that 6 of the 8 were developing. It is getting harder to see through them and I am wondering if there is any advice about what to do before lockdown if I am not sure about an egg. Would comparing weights be a better way to tell if I have a bad or dead egg? I sure dont want an explosion , but I dont want to throw out a live one, either.

Nevermind...I got a better light and 5 are for sure developing and moving. One had a blood ring, one was clear so I removed them and not sure about the 6th one.

Back
Top Bottom