PHILIPPINES BYC GROUP

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Mercilless, Aug 15, 2013.

1. anjovi6

anjovi6 Chillin' With My Peeps

Hi Everyone,

In 49 hours I will be back in Cagayan de Oro City with my family. I enjoy the Philippine BYC group and will use it a lot more in the future. Maybe someday I will get to meet or chat with some of you that love raising chickens. I have to rebuild my coops in CdO and start my flock all over again. I will be raising Australorp and Kabir for egg and meat production for all of my family. My wife tells me that Unitop built a big warehouse not to far from our property and raised their property about a meter and a half above everything else and it now traps all the rain water in the back of our property where the coops are. So I will have to install drainage tiles and raise our coop area about half a meter to keep the area dry for the flock. Sounds like a lot of work in my future but, I enjoy doing it. I try to do all that I can by my self with a little help from my family. I think that is because I grew up on a farm in North Carolina where we had to do almost everything ourselves.

I look forward to catching up on all the post made over the next few days.

Happy flocking to all.

Jimmy

1 person likes this.
  2. mmmyyykkkeee

mmmyyykkkeee Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 16, 2015

Hi Jimmy,

Welcome back to the Philippines. Surely you will enjoy your stay here.

rebuild your coop? Was it destroyed? How are your chickens doing?

Have a safe trip and regards to your family.

Myke

3. mickmeek

mickmeek Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 21, 2015
    20 ducks will arrive this afternoon. :) More eggs to come. Haha

Last edited: Feb 7, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  4. ozexpat

ozexpat CocoBeach Farm

congrats on the ducks!!

5. ozexpat

ozexpat CocoBeach Farm

This weeks orders are beeing shipped to:

Batangas
    Bulacan
    Cebu
    Manila
    Tacloban
    Taglibaran

A few more pins on the map

[​IMG]

6. mickmeek

Jan 21, 2015

I bought my ducks from my cousin, he needs money to pay his workers for the labor on his rice field, I'm on tight budget right now, and pay day is a week long to wait. Haha

Last edited: Feb 8, 2015
  7. mmmyyykkkeee

mmmyyykkkeee Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 16, 2015
    I must say i'm impressed. i'm pretty sure someday your name will appear in the history of philippine poultry. There are few birds imported to the philippines and i guess they are from france. i feel like they are almost similar to our native chickens with a larger eggs. The breeds you brought to our country are indeed poultrymen desire and dreaming of. Thanks oz and congrats!!

Last edited: Feb 8, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  8. ozexpat

ozexpat CocoBeach Farm

the sasso and kabir are hybrids - a bit like a production red and a freedom ranger in the usa.

9. mickmeek

Jan 21, 2015
    2 more days and I will see my chicks again. They are growing fast. And I think I am getting more roos than hens. :)

10. piglett

piglett Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2012
    good for adobo [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by