PHILIPPINES BYC GROUP

Good Evening Everybody,

Hope everybody has a good weekend.

I put 35 eggs in the incubator 20 days ago. Should have started hatching tomorrow afternoon. But to my surprise they started hatching this morning about 4:30 AM. I just checked them and 14 are out, two more are zipped, and 5 more have pipped. That is kind of amazing to me since we had three brownouts in the last two weeks. And one of them was for 8 hours. They are the native chickens. They are so cute and very small and all look very healthy.

The process of birth and life never stops amazing me.

Jimmy

Rob,

In many ways that would be good if they would all hatch on the 20th day.

Update - started with 35 eggs, 28 from one man and 7 from another man. Candled on the 14th day and of the 28, 22 were kept in the bator. Of those 22 - as of this morning 20 have hatched. The 7 were added a day and a half later. Of the 7, 4 were kept in the bator. Expecting those to start hatching later today or maybe tomorrow.

20 out of 22 is pretty good stats considering we had all the brown outs.

Got another batch of 20 eggs waiting to go in the bator. My wife is loving it $$$$$$. I do the work and she gets the money. She is kinda funny because she is like a mother hen. She got up twice during the night to check on the babies.
roll.png
roll.png

Hope everybody enjoys the rest of their weekend.

Jimmy

hello how are you , I am new to this site ,I am goodguy1952 I am moveing to the Philippines , in about 4 weeks , like to talk or meet someone there, about raiseing chicken there , thank you very much

hello , I like to talk with some one in the Philippines , about some chicken,s on Cebu, will be living there next mo , in san remigio ,

Below are a couple of links that may help. One is a member's website. He lives on the Island of Bacolod.

The next one is a thread here on BYC that he started that has lots of members that can give you any kind of information you may desire.

Mark raises many different kinds of fowl in Bacolod and he sells to the public in the Philippines and other places. He is a good guy to deal with.

Jimmy

http://cocopoultryfarm.com/

I couldn't get the other link to copy and paste. Just do a search in forums for Getting the Flock Out of Here. This should show the thread. If you try to read it you will become addicted to it. It is 1276 pages long.

If you have any questions I might help you with send me a Private Message. I live in Cagayan de Oro, Mindanao. In case you are not familiar with sending PM's just hold your mouse over my name and click on send PM in the drop down menu.

Hello everyone. How's everybody? Been very busy for the past few weeks so i had backread but i think i can still catch up.

Congrats jimmy on your new chicks. How are they doing?

My chooks are having health issues. One of my jg roo died and the hens looks ill too. I wonder if what's going on. It could be the weather or.... One possibility is one of our neighbors is trying to poison them out of envy. (they've done it before). Not to mention My father caught one neighbor trying to steal my chooks. He tried to sneak in the middle of the night but my father was still awake so he caught him.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom