PHILIPPINES BYC GROUP

My Kabir hen has started laying. Five eggs so far. But, I am puzzled by the size of the egg. For a hen to be the size of a small turkey she lays eggs that look like they come from a Native chicken. I would grade them as small.

My Kabir rooster is probably headed to the pot. He attacked my wife this morning when she went to get the eggs. He doesn't bother me or the young man that helps me sometimes.

My wife gave him a reprieve this morning. She said just wait and see what he does.

My cross breeds should start laying very soon. I am wondering if the genetics will carry over so that we will get some colored eggs. If so, I will probably keep one of them because of the neighbors not understanding how a chicken can lay anything but a brown or white egg.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Jimmy

My Kabir hen has started laying. Five eggs so far. But, I am puzzled by the size of the egg. For a hen to be the size of a small turkey she lays eggs that look like they come from a Native chicken. I would grade them as small.

My Kabir rooster is probably headed to the pot. He attacked my wife this morning when she went to get the eggs. He doesn't bother me or the young man that helps me sometimes.

My wife gave him a reprieve this morning. She said just wait and see what he does.

My cross breeds should start laying very soon. I am wondering if the genetics will carry over so that we will get some colored eggs. If so, I will probably keep one of them because of the neighbors not understanding how a chicken can lay anything but a brown or white egg.

Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Jimmy
Hi Jimmy, I have 2 Kabir hens that started to lay about a month back the eggs are very small and dont seem to get any bigger.

Hi Jimmy, I have 2 Kabir hens that started to lay about a month back the eggs are very small and dont seem to get any bigger.
I have no experience with the "kabir" but brahma are a huge chicken that lay small eggs.

Leghorn are a small chicken that lay huge eggs,

You will need to work out how much feed you are outlaying per gram of egg.

I have no experience with the "kabir" but brahma are a huge chicken that lay small eggs.

Leghorn are a small chicken that lay huge eggs,

You will need to work out how much feed you are outlaying per gram of egg.

Thanks Mark, I don't have to figure out the cost with her or the Kabir rooster, because they both eat like they are horses instead of chickens. The rooster is already destined for the stew pot with some noodles.

Jimmy

Hello guys,

This is Blue my Easter Egger from first batch I got from Oz. :)
He is the biggest and heaviest among them. Twice the size of other Easter Egger same age.

Its only temporary, so that I could get him better photos. They are all free range now. :)

Last edited:
it depends on age and breed

pure bred rhode island red or barred plymouth rocks or buff orpington straight run chicks 500p + 50p per week till 10 weeks.

blue/black/splash orpingtons or jersey giants 750p + 50p per week till 10 weeks.

easter egger blue egg layers 800p + 50p per week till 10 weeks.

I will also have bantam cochin, breda fowl, andalusians and marans chicks available by easter

My available pa po purebreed?

Back
Top Bottom