Phoenix Chicks Colors.....any ideas

lockedhearts

It's All About Chicken Math
12 Years
Apr 29, 2007
Georgia
I have BBR Phoenix Rooster and a Hen ( I am ashamed to say I can't remember if she is a BBR or Gold)
I posted pics of both parents.
I incubated 5 eggs, 2 were due and hatched yesterday, the other 3 due saturday.

One Chick is Chipmunk colored (the color of all Phoenix chicks I have seen) one is a very pale yellow.

Can anyone enlighten me as to what I may expect color wise from the solid chick?

Parents:

P9010002.jpg

if a golden phoenix. they will mostly be a lot of Black breasted reds. since the father is and the golden color in golden phoenixs, (and other golden breeds) are from crossing a BBR over a silver, leading the silver turning to a "Dirty" color. the dark ones will most likely be BBRs, light one -golden duckwing, or maybe a silver?, or could all turn out to be BBrs, just light colored as a chick, dont know.. haven't raised phoenixs but do raise OEGBs. and this is what happens in OEGBs

-Daniel

I have only ever had Silvers and BBRs as Chicks, they were always Chipmunk color, this light one is throwing me. I emailed the lady I got them from, she breeds longtails and has for many years. Hoping I can get an answer. It will be interesting to see what the other 3 eggs from the same cross produce.

post me a pic of the chicks and I'll tell you. Both are from very tight BBR lines, however that hen was running out prior to shipping w alot of younger males. We have had hens hold sperm for up to 60 days.

JJ,
I will have to post tonight. I took pics and brought camera to work but my card is too big for the laptop here.
We lost the little chipmunk colored one
hit.gif
he had something wrong, kept holding his head straight back and flipping over, I called him "Flip" he was gone friday when I got home.
But another of Leto's eggs was pipped this morning and a second had a faint crack, so hoping for more "kids" . Wilma's one egg was developing so I go 2 more this weekend and added them to the bator.

I will email and post the pic of the one chick later.

Edited cause I can't spell.....

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom