Phoenix egg-laying info

Hellebore

In the Brooder
12 Years
Mar 26, 2007
Kirkland WA
I have a Phoenix pullet and I read somewhere that she will be expected to lay only 1 egg per week!! Does anyone have experience with these chickens? I would like to know if they lay a lot of eggs. I know the eggs will be smallish. Also, I have read both "white" and "tinted" and any info on that would be appreciated as well. I would also be interested in any info on personality or temperment. There really isn't much info available.

Thanks so much.

I would like to know as well, I got two of these last week. Although I got them cause they were pretty the other things would be nice to know

Boy is that a myth!! I have over 30 phoenix hens in all the assorted colors and than some. My girls layed all winter through when the other girls took it off. I find they'll lay for a couple months then take maybe a week off and start right back up. Most either molt lightly or not at all and mine will still lay here and there during molt.

Thanks for the information!! We have become attached to too many of the chicks that we got and have to find homes for a few and are trying to sort out which ones to keep. I will keep the Phoenix. My daughter, who is a vegetarian, has named her Tofu.

Thanks again

We have silver duck winged Phoenix's ours lay 5 days a week but today we had a hen who escaped from our chicken yard and she laid 2 eggs in less than 24 hrs i know this because she is the only one out and i took her other eggs out yesterday afternoon where she was nesting. I have never seen that before but it happened.

i have 2 white phoenix hens, they have good egg laying consistency meaning they should give u more than 3 a week or so. yes their eggs are small but i found that they contain about what u might expect from a store bought med egg. that anf they should lay all year round with out much issue or "breaks" listed as poor egg production but i think its just because of the egg size not production. but all birds are different too. as for temperament they are not "friendly" by nature maybe with enough interaction that might improve. but mine hate being handled and usually hide in the coop when i go in their pen. unlike my barred rock hens they are friendly don't struggle when handled even like perching on my hand while i rub their chest. good luck hope i gave something helpful for u :)

Back
Top Bottom