Phoenix mixed with ???

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by DragonEggs, Jun 6, 2010.

1. DragonEggs

DragonEggs Songster

May 11, 2010
    Borger, TX
    So I picked up some BEAUTIFUL birds at the past chicken swap but it's been killing me to know what theyre mixed with. I know theyre part phoenix, but what else?

Here is my favorite Roo. I'm DYING to know whats in him to give him that color and make him so FAT!
    [​IMG]

Here he is again from the top. Thats his hen hiding under his butt and thats another phoenix cross I gave away who was also just beautiful!
    [​IMG]

2. pidgey104

pidgey104 Cochins R Us

Nov 10, 2007
    Panama City ,Florida
    they don't look like they have pheonix in them. pheonic crosses should have longer saddle feathers . maybe game crosses.

3. Sonoran Silkies

Sonoran Silkies Flock Mistress

Jan 4, 2009
    Tempe, Arizona
    He is birchen coloured. His hen is not; she looks to be silver something, but it is not really a good photo to tell.

4. DragonEggs

DragonEggs Songster

May 11, 2010
    Borger, TX
    Heres a slightly better picture of him. Hes got the phoenix tail.

[​IMG]

5. Rennie

Rennie Songster

Oct 28, 2009
    Derbyshire, England
    OMG ... I thought i had a unique looking Roo ..Now i think he has a twin lol..

Im not sure what mine is but i thought it was a silver penciled dorking ....

Does yours have 5 toes ??

Here is mine ..His name is Randy ..for obvious reason .. He is 5 months old and one of the biggest Roos i have ever seen at that age ..both in height and weight

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 9, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by