Phoenix & Sunshine update (EE roos) :-)

technodoll

Songster
10 Years
Aug 25, 2009
Quebec, Canada
I finally took some pics of the boys today, the light wasn't very good but it will give you an idea of their progress
smile.png

I suspect the boys are about 5 to 6 months old, no signs of spurs yet and combs starting to come in.

Phoenix mid-December, before meds and multiple treatments for massive worm infestation:

P1010584.jpg

Phoenix now, I should have named him "Elvis" for all the crowing he loves to do!
lol.png

His tail feathers are JUST starting to come in, at last!

DSC_0056-1.jpg

DSC_0053-3.jpg

DSC_0051-2.jpg

DSC_0073-2.jpg

And Sunshine early January, during treatment for worms and a massive bronchitis (he molted!):

P1020015.jpg

Sunshine today, slowly starting to grow his "manly" feathers in - he's a mess of colors!
lol.png

DSC_0061-1.jpg

DSC_0067-2.jpg

DSC_0077.jpg

They are love bugs... So gentle and sweet, that I decided to give back my other roo, the gorgeous one Solaris, as it wasn't wise to keep three boys of the same breed. He was beautiful but he was wild and I had no rapport with him, it was easy to give him away (well I got my leghorn Sweetie for him and a blue or red silkie hen is coming - awesome trade!).

I'd rather fill my coop with sub-standard birds that I love, can pet and handle and who love me back, rather than have a bunch of SQ birds I can't get near and who think I'm the debbil!
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom