Phoenix Thread

They have been moving around the box because I'll look at different times and they are in places they weren't. I gave them electrolyte water from a syringe to make sure they got water and they drank some. These are so little. I don't know much about them. We have all large fowl. They seem to also be using each other as a trampoline. They run around and over each other constantly it seems. I paid a pretty penny for them from a breeder. They sent 19. We are down to 12. Some lost in shipping, found one dead next morning and one with legs straight out in front of it and couldn't stand. And it's only been one day what can I give them?

Last edited:
Just got my 15 Pheonix chicks, so excited!

Well we have 11 that have survived over a week after their arrival. We started with 19. We just finished cleaning pasty butt from some. It so scary because they are so little. I'm so afraid anything I do is going to hurt them. I was careful not to get much of their backside wet.

Crossing my fingers these 11 live a full life. They are suppose to be pure breed show bantams. I'm confused though. Some have the blue legs like the ABA requires but others dont. do they change color as they age? I have noticed some of their underskin is dark and some are light. I know one means a male and one means female but I'll have research which color is which unless anyone here can tell me the diff between the boys and girls

I have one, she is such a bully hen I absolutely couldnt get her intergrated into my flock. so she went in my breeder pen with Daddy lol and she has been put in her place! He's such a nice dude and she isn't alone anymore.

Hello fellow phoenix owners! I was gifted a runty silver phoenix so it wouldn't get trampled by the others it was shipped with. I don't know how big it's supposed to be. I have it with other standard size chicks that are the same age but it's a lot smaller.

Are standard phoenixes much smaller than standard large breeds?

My sussex and faverolle weighed in at 46g and the phoenix weighed in at 36g, all at 6 days old.

Do I have a bantam or standard?

Phoenix in front! It's still half the weight and size of the others, but it's eating and growing and seems happy. So whatever it is and whatever it turns into... Best of luck for it. It's hatch mates were all standard so it's either a runt or an accidental bantam. Fingers crossed that it ends up thriving or passes peacefully in its sleep.

Back
Top Bottom