Photo theft!

It's just some guy that lives in Fresno, CA that decided to copy pictures from the web for his ad instead of taking his own pictures.

-Kathy

LAZY, LAZY, LAAAAZZZZZYYYYYY!!!!!
gig.gif

I see me modified the ad, lol.

-Kathy

Yep! I was looking and looking and looking for the watermark and couldn't find it. So, is the same photo up, but now without the watermark? If so, that's absolutely theft; I'd say more so than the original photo with the watermark.

Sooooooo, I guess the seller is a member of Backyard Chickens! and saw your first post?

I'm an amateur photographer and writer, and if someone stole my stuff, you betcher boots I'd be prosecuting to the extreme limits of the law. Thing is, though, that most likely even if MinxFox filed charges, she (well, sounds like a she to moi) :) would have a hard time proving loss of income because of stolen photos.

The sad fact is that sites like Craig's List don't hold their membership accountable.

Although I have a "natural" ability in the area of photography, I'd probably have a hard time selling my work. That doesn't mean I should lay down and play dead when it's stolen, though! What I should do, is contact the offending site and ask that the photo be taken down.

We need to hold offending websites just as accountable as the ones who are stealing our work and posting it there!

For every one person there seems to be another that comes along and uses your photos. Laziness is one reason, in some instances the website creator is at fault when they decide to spice up a peafowl breeder's site by using random peafowl photos. Also I think that perhaps they hope you recognize the photos and therefore assume it is a well known or reputable breeder selling birds on craigslist. Recently someone with peafowl took some informative peafowl art I made and deleted a few words off of it and replaced it with text advertising a peafowl event they were going to have. On DeviantART, an art site I am on, people often steal other people's artwork and claim it as their own. It is the internet and thus pretty much anyone can copy your stuff and call it theirs. It is unfortunate and I think that people need to be thoughtful and mindful of other people's things.

The craigslist person did remove my photo that had the watermark, but the first photo is one of mine. It is an old photo and I haven't used it on my site or recently so it doesn't have a watermark.

-----
This is a bit off topic, but the last website you listed castportpony has a page showing a guinea X peafowl cross hatched in 2013!

There is still a way to be lazy and have photos of your own birds. Get a friend or family member to take photos for you and upload them! I am sure most people know someone that likes taking photos. I can think of at least 3 people I know with cameras way more fancy than mine that I could get to take photos of my birds.

There is still a way to be lazy and have photos of your own birds. Get a friend or family member to take photos for you and upload them! I am sure most people know someone that likes taking photos. I can think of at least 3 people I know with cameras way more fancy than mine that I could get to take photos of my birds.

nice, they should have had someone do that!

Back
Top Bottom