Photo theft!

I'm not sure...does this exactly qualify as theft?
They could have easily cropped out the watermark but they posted it with the website source.
So MinxFox is getting credited in some fashion...

Of course, they are implying that this is one of their peas and it is definitely not!
Misinformation at the very least!

*By the way, I am not, of course, implying that this is OK in any way!
It's just not as completely creepy as it could be.
big_smile.png
You're right... not theft, but still rubs me the wrong way, lol. I use photos that I find on the web and now I try to include their source, but I would never dream of using someone else's pictures to sell something.

-Kathy

If you use Google chrome you can right click a picture to search if a picture is elsewhere on the web.the second picture of the craigslist ad show up on Future Visions Farm website
Wow, thanks, I didn't know about that feature!

-Kathy

It's illegal to use anyone's photos unless they give you permission to use them. It is a copyright violation. When a person takes a picture they are granted immediate copyright of that photo.

No that isn't my add. Recently though I watermarked (put www.bamboopeacock.com) on my peafowl photos on my website. I did so because I was finding my photos being used in various different places. I am not going to be a photo Natzi about it though as it seems that this is just what you have to deal with if you take decent photos of your birds and put them on your own peafowl website. I have seen photos of Sid (Texaspeafowl's) birds all over the place on other peafowl breeder websites who don't say the photo or birds in the photo is Sids and so thus it apears that the birds are their own. All I can say is I don't see how in an age of cameras even in your phone how people would rather market their peafowl using someone else's photo. I perfer my canon for peafowl photos, but i have gotten very decent peafowl photos with my camera on the phone. Buyer be ware for sure I love buying birds in person and the people that frequent the BYC peafowl section on here I would trust to buy from as well even if I couldn't buy in person. craigslist and ebay, etc for buying peafowl eggs, chicks, adults...No way I would not do that. I wouldn't even buy peachicks from a hatchery. I think seeing the bird's parents in person and being able to have your pick of the litter is great. Anyways them using my photos is whatever. I see it now as a compliment and free advertising as long as it doesn't somehow give me a bad name (not sure how it could). Pretty cool that they didn't even remove my website mark on the third photo. it would be funny if I got business from their add.

Yep the add placer copied photos not just from me, but from others but they recently changed the add so now only one of my pictures is being used. they removed the picture with my website mark. They also added some more pictures I guess still of other people's birds.

Back
Top Bottom