Votes: 0 0.0%
  • #9 Msbear

• #10 Pokster

• #11 Tazcat

• Total voters
I really like this idea! I would never have thought to photograph a cell phone in such creative ways! My camera is at home while I'm at an internship so I don't know when I'll be able to join in the lessons, but I think this is a lot of fun! The choice for this was very difficult!

Polls close tonight at midnight...though I probably won't be awake.. so maybe we can make it 9pm tonight. If that's ok with everyone. ..looks like we have two clear candidates for an A in this assignment.

To me, composition takes an artist's eye. Not everyone with a great camera can be a great photographer and a great photographer can take awesome pics even if they don't possess a nice camera. It's all about who's behind the eye.

Composition can turn a mundane image
040-4.jpg

into something of interest by playing with the reflections and adding another blue object to bring out the blue
089-111.jpg

I love cropping photos.
azbootsie1.jpg

sometimes, a whole new view can be seen by tweaking the image. We removed some of the distraction and balanced the image and focussed a bit more on that awesome beer bottle on the left
azbootsie1-1.jpg

Good composition is also taking into consideration where the weight is in the photo.

It could be completely centered
amyable.jpg

or it could weighted to one side with smaller counterweighs on the opposite side like
katherine4629.jpg

Katheryn's pic. I really think she knocked it out of the ballpark with the how the branches lead your focus from every direction to the phone. That's some nice composition.

I think taking a lot of pictures is key to finding the best angle. This assignment was rather difficult. I have some gorgeous photos posted on the other thread and I have seen Kassaundra and Iheartchick both post some really nice pics but, these photos on here did not do either of us much justice. If I would have quit 25 pics before I stopped, I think I wouldn't have gotten nearly what I had... they just kept getting better. I would look at the display and see how I could improve and move objects and flip the phone then played with the reflections and the wood until I got it just right. Anyone can go out and take some nice shots especially when we have beautiful things around them. It's much more difficult to take an object where you normally don't see much beauty and make it beautiful... that takes skill. And, Im hoping we could get some more insight from from more experienced photographers about this topic.

Congrats Amyable and Katheryn. You both posted beautiful pics. Please tell us about your inspiration and what your thinking was while capturing these shots. And, we'll do another this weekend. I think the poll thing could possibly make some feel uncomfortable so, maybe that wasn't the greatest idea. Instead of that, how about we kind of critique everyone's photos like we did and go that route.

I may not be able to be on here too much. back went out last night. My hubby is typing this for me
sad.png
that's how much I love BYC
lol.png

I really wish I had my nice camera here with me at the internship! I do have my little point and shoot though. I'll be looking forward to the next assignment! I hope your back feels better!

I have a nice Pentax digital SLR with a couple of lenses and a cheepy Canon point & shoot. Sometimes, the little Canon is better for some shots. I always carry both.

Back
Top Bottom