Photos of New Additions!*Picture Heavy* Cochins/Langshans/D'Uccles

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by mikarod, Oct 12, 2008.

1. mikarod

mikarod Songster

Sep 28, 2008
    Oklahoma
    Bumping up again.

2. mikarod

mikarod Songster

Sep 28, 2008
    Oklahoma
    OK....nobody knows anything about Asiatic breeds? Nobody breeds D'Uccles???

3. mikarod

mikarod Songster

Sep 28, 2008
    Oklahoma
    And again with the bump up....

4. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits...

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    HI!..[​IMG]...your birds are beautiful!.. I love cochins....i want blue one!!...take care, Wendy

5. KKluckers

KKluckers Time Out

Sep 4, 2007
    I saw your post in the other thread. I think your Cochin hen is nice and show worthy. She is a little out of condtion and a few of her feathers seem bleached. Is she molting? I think your Lagshans will do really well. I love the blue hen she is a looker. The BR bantams have good barring, but I dont know much about type with them. [​IMG]

6. GracefulBantams

GracefulBantams Hatching and Showing

Oct 10, 2007
    Oklahoma
    I don't have any experience with the 'specific' breeds and varieties you have, but I do raise MF d'Uccles, and I used to have P d'Uccles and W Cochins. It wouldn't hurt to enter them in a show, and let the judge(s) decide [​IMG] In my opinion, your Black Langshan hen is going to do great in a show. I also like the 'poofieness' of the Cochin [​IMG]

7. Dustin Biery

Dustin Biery Songster

Feb 4, 2007
    Mulberry, Arkansas
    Just my thoughts on the birds.. The porcelain D'Uccles beard and tuffs could be fuller. Looks like his feathers are in a bit of rough shape, so its hard to tell if his tail is correct or not. His foot feathers could be a little heavier, but they could also be out of shape. The barred rock in the cages almost looks like a dom. Tail carriage doesn't look right for a BR. The cochins bun isn't quite right. She could you a little more distinction between her saddle and her cushion.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: