1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

" Phyllis Diller " is actually " Felipe "

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by ladychicken&Ducklover, Sep 21, 2011.

1. ladychicken&Ducklover

ladychicken&Ducklover Chillin' With My Peeps

May 21, 2011
    Champion, Michigan
    Yes, its true, Phyllis Diller CROWED last week, and it was hilarious.

His voice cracked and he doesnt have the " Whole crow sound " down yet, but its adorable and , boy, is he a FANTASTIC Rooster!

I have a Chicken Cam installed with night vision that I found in the Hardware Dept at

Walmart for $84 and it is excellent.

He is a wonderful protector of his girls and it is so much fun to switch on Chicken Tv on my tv after I close up their coop, and watch him call each girl, in the Order HE wants them, up into the larger nesting area.

If one goes up out of turn, he chases her back down the ladder until SHE is called up.

Funny thing is that he lets them out, in the same order as they went up.

He is such a sweetie.

Since he cant see too well, he loves to ride around on my shoulder so he can see down..LOL.

Anyway, he's my boy..

Felipe..and NO, he doesnt have a Jersey Giant growing out of his " Hair "..thats Winnie, one of his girls.

[​IMG]

Felipe and his girls enjoying scratch grains.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 21, 2011
  2. OH he is awesome!!! a manly roo!

3. Kaeta44

Kaeta44 Chillin' With My Peeps

What a handsome chap! I've got a Polish cockerel too and he's gorgeous - but has a "dizzy blonde" mentality!

Take a look at him doing his John Travolta impression on my blog (15 September post).

http://muckycluckers.blogspot.com

4. sheila3935

sheila3935 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    Stonington, illinois
    He looks like my Einstein. Einstein just got a trim the other night. His crest was getting way out of control. I wanted to make sure he could see to eat. Now his mate Emma has such a nice rounded up out of her eyes crest.

5. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    Oh, he's really very cool looking! Here's my Polish Bantam roo:

[​IMG]

I love to share pics. [​IMG] This is PJ (Partybird Junior) Named after his dad. He's a frizzle.

6. ladychicken&Ducklover

May 21, 2011
    Champion, Michigan
    Quote:Ok, my family thinks I'm nuts when I mention trimming his
    Bangs .!!

I need to do it but I don't know how.

Could u fill me in??

Thanks.

7. Larkspur88

Larkspur88 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2011
    South Carolina
    I had to trim on a polish mix I have. Made a huge difference. The poor thing was running into stuff and I was like...what is his problem???

[​IMG]
    This was when I finally trimmed back.

[​IMG]
    This was several weeks prior and before he had any trimming. what's going on? Where is everyone? XD

8. ladychicken&Ducklover

May 21, 2011
    Champion, Michigan
    Quote:He is Adorable!!!

My poor guy is running into things too!

Did you just hold him in one hand and use regular sissors to trim?, or use 2 people ?

9. paris_r

paris_r Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2011
    Nolanville TX
    I have a Phyllis too! she is a splash Polish..I wonder how many Phenotype inspired names are out there? I think this gives me an idea for a thread.

10. Larkspur88

Larkspur88 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2011
    South Carolina
    Well, I did it by myself. Regular scissors. I just put him in my lap and got him relaxed first.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by