*Pic Heavy* New nest boxes and other pictures

MinxFox

Crowing
9 Years
Sep 16, 2010
Pensacola, FL
Yesterday my dad and some of his buddies made some nest boxes for me. Now I have four nest boxes for my peahens! I really hope they use them I need to find my fake eggs to put in the nests to encourage them to use it. So far all of my five peafowl have been very interested in the nest boxes. They have been jumping on top of the boxes and everything but I haven't seen them actually get into a nest box.

Anyways here are some pictures from today:

Here are the nest boxes, and that is Alto on top of them because he insisted on being in the picture.
67904_img_4679.jpg

Here is a nest box up close:
67904_img_4685.jpg

Now everybody wants to be in the picture!
67904_img_4705.jpg

Alto up on a perch.
67904_img_4683.jpg

Pip preening.
67904_img_4731.jpg

Damsel preening.
67904_img_4732.jpg

And of course Dragon preening.
67904_img_4737.jpg

That pretty much sums up what they were doing today.
tongue.png

Thanks my dad says that they are 2x2 ft each. They have a lip on them so that the eggs won't roll out and the boxes are low enough that the peahens can jump in. I wonder how long it will take them to jump into one though. If they nest under the boxes I am going to be mad.
roll.png

Quote:
Guess where you will find the eggs this season....
lol.png

Very nice set up!

Lol you know you probably are right! Last year I was hopping Ice would lay in a dog box that she sometimes got in. Nope she didn't instead her eggs were everywhere...Until I got fake eggs and put the already laid eggs with the fake ones under a small palm frond shelter and she laid there. That reminds me I still need to find those fake eggs. Last time I saw them they were in a pot with a plant as decoration...Who knows where they could be...
hmm.png

Quote:
nice set up, BUT i have a huge wall of nest boxes like that, yes a few use them , most Don't. i would almost bet money, some will nest on the ground under them.

Back
Top Bottom