PIC hvy: Dh builds; I decorate..how have you

Momagain1

Songster
8 Years
Feb 13, 2011
Central IL
decorated the outside of your coop? would love pics please!

We have an old barn near us that I LOVE to look at; its a barnyard red (lol typical) but it has lots of old road signs on the side of it..just normal ones you see; but all beat up to heck..I dont know why..but I look at it
EVERY TIME I GO BY..its not that they put new ones up or I dont see the speed limit or road curve ahead signs on the roads everyday lol...

so I was looking into doing a take off of that..just cause I like it..but with chicken signs...kinda like these:

(OR HAVE I COMPLETELY LOST IT???? decorating a coop?? but it IS going to be near my house...)

!B08NlpgBmk~$(KGrHqEOKi0E)RScVoE(BMccO2cyEQ~~_12.JPG

4ca1_1.JPG

!B62,0P!CGk~$(KGrHqUOKj8Ey,iz4WEyBMyggiuTjw~~-1_12.JPG

!CCfk-FQEGk~$(KGrHqQOKkYEzmE1!z0IBNLTCm(dLw~~_12.JPG

!BqQ28ZgBGk~$(KGrHqMOKjcEume62FpjBLu-65hrbw~~_12.JPG

$(KGrHqN,!mEE1F5kSBUIBNYb4wPVLg~~0_3.JPG

!B-E)rD!EWk~$(KGrHqN,!jMEzKg5pjb7BM7pGPKVh!~~0_12.JPG

7fbd_12.JPG

f5da_1.JPG

You're not alone. I have been buying tin signs as well. I think that I have about 7 so far. My chicken house will also be barn yard red. I will decorate the inside and outside. I can't wait to finish it. I love your signs.

I prob wont do inside..but def. the outside!!! I told hubby I want a small flower garden by it too with a bench for the kiddos to sit on etc..

ok..maybe I'm getting nutty! LOL...DH just says whatever honey..as long as it'll help you go take care of them..I'm for it..

If your chickens are going to free range at all, check to make sure none of you flowers are toxic to chickens.

ETA: And if they aren't toxic the chickens are gonna eat them. I Hear the dollar store has wonderful fake flowers...
big_smile.png

Last edited:
I have some of those signs you've posted, and some others you haven't, which I am going to use for my new coop under construction. I think I might even use some INSIDE the coop. Why not? It's 8x8, has six foot tall walls, and a gabled roof. I may even SIT inside it on a little chair and visit with the chickens. So I should have some decoration on the inside walls too.

Back
Top Bottom