Pic of my brooder. Look what I found in there this morning!

beckyloveschicks

In the Brooder
11 Years
Jul 9, 2008
NC
12937_100_1511.jpg

ohhh thats cute, i have 2 kittys that love baby chicks also, but would never get in with them. One will cuddle on the floor with them.... Thats so sweet !!!!
big_smile.png

That is cute!
I think it's weird that the kitty didn't try to eat them. I have one big ole cat who catches everything in he can. Mice, moles, birds, chipmunks etc.. The has never once bothered my chickens even as young chicks. He must know they are pets. Weird.

I have a cat that loves the chickens the main roo does not love him but will tolerate him. Sometimes he snuggles up to them never hada problem however he was born feral and we have tamed him and he knows he doesn't eat until the chickens do. However I have noticed a drop in the outside mouse population. His name is chicken cat ( I know real original) but I call him chick for short.

Last edited:
Aw that's so cute... I wish I could leave the brooder open all the time, but I don't trust my cat, he's always trying to make his way in there while I'm feeding them/changing their water, and although they have pecked him on the face (LOL) I'm sure they'd all be dead despite being 6 weeks old in 10 seconds.

Yes, I have 6 week old chicks in my brooder (n) still working on that blasted coop.

Back
Top Bottom