[PIC] URGENT: chicken has eye infection [PIC]

DementedHam

Songster
12 Years
May 23, 2007
Southern California
Here's the story, on thursday i left to go camping for the whole weekend and when i came back today (sunday) my black star hen had a thing in her eye. This thing is about the size of a pea, it's white-like, and it is pushing her eye out of the way. This hen was not this way on thursday.

I've looked on this website and on google for a close match or a name but no luck. I'll try posting a pic.

I would like to know if how she might have gotten it, if it is contageous, what it is called, and how to treat it. The coop is not filthy enough to have produced this, I was only gone two days and they had food and water because our neighbors did us the favor.

Please help, thanks.

hunnn.jpg

Last edited:

Hello just noticed one of my whie leghorn chickens had something wrong with her eye.
I don't know what is wrong. Any help would be great
Thanks

Hello just noticed one of my whie leghorn chickens had something wrong with her eye.
I don't know what is wrong. Any help would be great
Thanks

This is an old thread, so I would recommend starting a new one of your own to get more looks. To me your chicken look like it is being pecked by other birds, and may be getting an eye infection. Fowl pox, a virus spread by mosquitoes, can be similar to this with scabs around the face, comb, and wattles. Clean any drainage from the eye with saline or water, and apply some Terramycin eye ointment or plain neosporin ointment to her eye twice daily.

Back
Top Bottom