**Pic**white leision in mouth

JensChickies

Songster
7 Years
Mar 26, 2014
California
20190828_202524.jpg

I am at a loss....what do you guys think this looks like. I treated for canker with metronidazole x5 days with zero response. I started doxycycline on Monday and I finally got baytril today so she had her first dose of baytril today.
Symptoms:
-white leision... I suspect more are further down her crop or tranchea.
-Rales and slight dyspnea
-Not eating, but I feel like she wants too, but it might be painful
-Shakes head- not all the time, but it does happen
-Mucus, not an overwhelming amount, but present

Intervention- tube feeding, doxy, baytril, electolytes, and probiotics
Shes not on deaths doorstep, she still has her pep in her step, but good lord I'm getting discouraged.
I guess shes not any worse, but shes not any better. We tried to knock some of the white stuff off, but she will not stay still. I got off a lil chunk and it it really did nothing and I think it filled back in.

Any help/ suggestions are appreciated.

Attachments

• 20190828_202524.jpg
    20190828_202524.jpg
    337.3 KB · Views: 5
Thrush? Do chickens get thrush?

I have read they can...I have thought maybe a fungal infection of some weird origin, but I'm not sure if thrush causes respiratory issues. She doesn't have any vent gleet going on at this moment in time. Maybe if there is no improvement with the antibiotics, I will see about maybe getting a systemic antifungal. I have no idea where to get that, it probably has to come from a vet.

I have read they can...I have thought maybe a fungal infection of some weird origin, but I'm not sure if thrush causes respiratory issues. She doesn't have any vent gleet going on at this moment in time. Maybe if there is no improvement with the antibiotics, I will see about maybe getting a systemic antifungal. I have no idea where to get that, it probably has to come from a vet.
You can get fluconazole for fish OTC.

ewwww...I just realized that the picture is nasty looking.
I have seen something like this, and with mine I am pretty sure it was cancer.

It very well could be cancer. It looks nasty...the picture lets me really see it for what it is. I feel like it should be a part of The Stranger Things season 4. Yiikkes.

I never though about the Fluconazole! You know I will try it! Hopefully baytril will help it, but I am not optimistic. She's a stinker to tube and I can only get about 60mLs in her with a 20 French before she starts to turn blue. She pinks up right away, but she is not easy like my other chickens have been.

Back
Top Bottom