Picked up my chicks this am...

Panhandler80

Songster
Feb 11, 2020
NW Florida
So, I received a tracking number and shipment notification late Monday night. This morning at 7:11 the post office called me and I missed the call. I tried calling back, but they don't open until 8:30. It's right around the corner, so I headed down there to see if I could flag somebody down. Sure enough, by the employee parking lot I saw a guy on the loading dock. I got his attention and asked if he could bring the chicks to me. He asked my name and said no problem. A few moments later he came across the lot with my new friends!

Before leaving the house I got the heat lamp going, and my wife got the water ready. So, the guy hands me the box.

Box in good shape - CHECK

Peeping and lots of scratching inside - CHECK

Get home and temps are good - CHECK

Food is ready and water is ready - CHECK

Pull each one out one at the time and dunk beak - CHECK

All alive - CHECK

Final head count - TWENTY ONE!!! Hahaha. I'd ordered 15 and figured they might include an extra 2-3. I wan't expecting a 33% increase. We'll figure something out.

Not the best pics, as I was in a hurry to get out of the house. Wife is working form home and will be able to check on them. But are the new gals (and i'm sure a fella, or two). Looking forward to figuring out what I've got! There are two that are definitely different from the rest. One appears to be pretty much jet black, and one has an almost blue hue to her... like that of a some Weimaraner.
chicks 2.jpg
chicks 3.jpg
chicks 4.jpg
chicks.jpg

Here are the two kinda odd balls. Curious to see what they turn out to be. I'm sure a quite a few of them will be easter eggers, but these two were unique enough that I figured they might be an actual breed. The dark guy is a good bit smaller than the others.
1585752046683.png

1585752046683.png

That little one looks like one I have - a Lavender Orpington. Mine is tiny, too but doing really well (hate to get too attached when mine are only 3 days old but it might my favorite ...)

Back
Top Bottom