Picked up my organic chicken feed yesterday and the

BethieofVA

Songster
9 Years
Mar 27, 2010
Yorktown, Virginia
girls are scarfing it!! I didn't even try to blend it with the previous feed to ease them into it. They just started gobbling it up. I got the feed from Countryside Naturals, just a lovely mix. I am very pleased.

I've been using Countryside Naturals for nearly a year now, and despite the fact that I have to pay whopping shipping charges to get it in North Texas, I love the stuff and won't switch, ever. My hens lay like the dickens on this stuff, even though their breed isn't known for their egglaying (ornamental bantams).

Plus, the people at that company are really nice. Over the winter, UPS delivered the box with my bag of feed in it to our side door during a rainstorm, at night, and didn't knock at the door. When I discovered the box in the morning, the bag inside was damp. Of course, I was not going to feed that to my chickens. Plus, there had been a mixup at Countryside and they actually had sent me organic kelp instead of the chicken feed I'd ordered.

When I spoke with them on the phone, they apologized for the mistake. They told me to keep the kelp, with their compliments. They shipped me a 5 lb bag of chicken feed second day overnight, to make sure I didn't run out of feed while they reshipped a 50 lb. bag of chicken feed in the ordinary manner.

Now when I order, I put in the shipping instructions to ask UPS to deliver to the front porch.

They do seem really nice. I am lucky enough to be able to meet them for a somewhat local pickup at only $6 extra! YAY! I also got a bag of DE. I feel like we are going to have a long relationship.

I started my chicks on Countryside and unless/until I can start making my own feed I will never switch. The quality is wonderful, and the feed smells fresh, but most important, my ladies love it and are thriving on it. Glad you like it too!

Back
Top Bottom