Picking up my chicks after work..the clock cannot move fast enough!!!

When I got the call from the post office that my chicks were in I simply could not wait. I own a salon, made my client sit there and wait while I ran to get my chicks, took them to my mom's house where I had dropped off my brooder set up then went back to work. I could not wait till the day was over to take them all home and watch them for hours. lol So fun! In fact I think I need to order some more chicks this summer. Here we go again!

SO?!!! What are they and how many? You're talking to a group of people who WANT to know what you bought. (My friends, neighbors, and cohorts just get a funny look on their face and ask "Chickens?")

Quote:
A pair each of RIR, RIW, BR and NH. Hopefully all pullets! Not that we couldn't have a rooster (we are fairly rural on 2.5 acres), just wasn't planning for one this year. We have two 1 year old hens we picked up about a month ago, but these will be our first chicks. I am so excited!

Quote:
Hah! I would try that if the boss hadn't gone golfing and left me running the office.

Let me fire up the Lear Jet and I'll pick them up for you. Oh wait, I'll get the helicopter so I can do a drop. Now, where exactly is the post office?

Quote:
Hah! I would try that if the boss hadn't gone golfing and left me running the office.

Let me fire up the Lear Jet and I'll pick them up for you. Oh wait, I'll get the helicopter so I can do a drop. Now, where exactly is the post office?

Luckily they are not at the PO, but the local feed store I pre-ordered from. If they were at the PO I don't think I could keep myself here. The feed store is a good one, so I know they are being well cared for until I get there.

Doesn't make the waiting much easier though!
he.gif

SO?!!! What are they and how many? You're talking to a group of people who WANT to know what you bought. (My friends, neighbors, and cohorts just get a funny look on their face and ask "Chickens?")

omg I get this all the time. My clients think I have lost my mind. My co-workers glare at anyone that asks "so how are your chickens?" cuz then I go into a hour long story about the latest happenings with my flock. They are so sick of hearing about it. But then when I find someone with the same chicken fever as me it is like I have been in a foreign country and finally found someone who speaks english! lol That is why I love this message board. We actually do want to know all the little details that most people don't even know exist!​

Quote:
Oh how fun!! Please post pictures when you get them settled. Our BR is on of our favorites. The kids are just drawn to her.

Quote:
I agree totally! I haven't found anyone here who has chicken fever but, since finding this board, I'm starting to enjoy watching people's faces as they try to keep a straight face the first time they hear I bought chickens. You'd think I just told them I decided to climb Mount Everest naked.

Just think...all the post office customers who came in while your chicks were there must have gotten a bick boot out of hearing them Chirp and the postal clerk must be going nuts.
celebrate.gif

Back
Top Bottom