Pickle the Silkie

I am not sure yet. I need to decide color first then once they are fully mature I will pick the better looking of the pair to show.
I'd go with Buff and Blue. I have both and absolutely adore them! The blue one in the pic is lighter but the lighting was bad in that photo. And you can show both of these colors!

Attachments

• 20220716_130905.jpg
    20220716_130905.jpg
    883.1 KB · Views: 6
  • 20220701_145525.jpg
    20220701_145525.jpg
    984.7 KB · Views: 6
If you don't mind me asking, where did you get them?
Not at all! The buff hen I got from someone locally but no longer sells silkies. The other two I got them as hatching eggs from Alabama Silkies but my hatch rates were not that good at all both times so I would not recommend. The eggs were not fertile but I was doing the incubation method of adding water to it but I switched to dry hatching with my own eggs and it's amazing! I'm not sure if that was my problem or infertilization. You should check out my article on Silkie breeders. It's a list of Silkie breeders that are really great!

Not at all! The buff hen I got from someone locally but no longer sells silkies. The other two I got them as hatching eggs from Alabama Silkies but my hatch rates were not that good at all both times so I would not recommend. The eggs were not fertile but I was doing the incubation method of adding water to it but I switched to dry hatching with my own eggs and it's amazing! I'm not sure if that was my problem or infertilization. You should check out my article on Silkie breeders. It's a list of Silkie breeders that are really great!
Cool! I got Pickles from a local Hatchery. I am comparing other places before I get more silkies. I wasn't very happy with the quality of my silkies. I got 2 and they were supposed to be pullets. Ninja was a black pullet with ring of brown around her neck. And Pickles is who knows what color and a cockeral. One of his extra dewclaws on the back of his foot is deformed too. I will probably end up going back to that hatchery though because none of the ones near me sell silkies or they are out of stock.

Back
Top Bottom