Pickled Eggs

sandburRanch

Songster
Mar 2, 2022
Has this already been discussed ? Possibly but i wouldn't have a clue how to find that discussion .

I eat a lot of pickled eggs and would like to discover a recipe that makes a pickled egg taste like those pickled in the remaining juice of home grown canned or purchased canned beets . I can make them red with food coloring but not taste the same as beet juice eggs ..

Last edited:
I use a recipe that includes a beet pickled egg variation. I will admit that I haven't tried the beet eggs yet, but maybe this recipe is what you are looking for🙂
https://practicalselfreliance.com/pickled-eggs/
Thanks for the pickled egg information . And yes it is very similar to some ( many ) of the variations i've tried . That link you provided has found its way into a file folder for safe keeping .

I finally convinced my oldest son ( 54 ) to try a bite . His response was YUCK , you telling me you eat those things .

At this house it's a cardinal sin to pour pickled beet juice down the drain . Try it , i bet you'll like it .

One of my favorite weight watching meals is 2 pickled eggs , a cup of home made Texas Caviar and Pretzels with a chunk of X-tra sharp cheddar . I gave up all alcohol 20 years ago and cigarettes 30 years ago . Can still do a decent day's work for a 80 year old , but the shorter the day the better .:D

Back
Top Bottom