Picky eater-disabled duck

Lucky_Ducky

Hatching
Jun 11, 2021
Hi! I have a pekin duck that we originally thought had bumble foot. I brought him/her (don't know sex yet) the vet yesterday and he said that he/she does not have bumble foot, but is just disabled. My problem is, ever since about Monday, the duck stopped eating the feed and will only eat certain fruits and veggies from my hand. Has anyone had this happen and if so, any way to get them to eat on their own again? Thank you for any advice!

Hi! I have a pekin duck that we originally thought had bumble foot. I brought him/her (don't know sex yet) the vet yesterday and he said that he/she does not have bumble foot, but is just disabled. My problem is, ever since about Monday, the duck stopped eating the feed and will only eat certain fruits and veggies from my hand. Has anyone had this happen and if so, any way to get them to eat on their own again? Thank you for any advice!
Try feeding him/her wet normal food. My chickens love it (I mean, yours is a duck, but they are similar. right? :confused:)

Back
Top Bottom