Picky eater Rory

Cecisflock

The Backyard Brahmas
Nov 19, 2020
Des Moines, Iowa
All right! my turn... First off i posted this in another thread, jut looking for more advice,

I have 2 rough collies, I love them to death. My younger (2.5 yrs.) female collie Rory is the pickiest eater I have ever owned. She just recently had a growth spurt and went from 55 to 72 pounds! And now, she's skinny again
:(
we were just getting to a good body! and not being able to feel her ribs... I'm so disappointed. We feed Victor Hi-Pro plus Performance and victor chicken and rice canned food. our 11 year old male Auggie loves it and eats it every time. But Rory... well she just leaves it in her bowl for hours and sometimes leaves it all together. We exercise her for about 2 to 3 hours a day to keep her from going nuts. She just doesn't eat! She likes Orijen but mostly eats the raw bits out. I just want her to be big again... I don't have the money or time to feed raw but partially freeze dried may be an option.
She's such a pretty girl, I just want her to EAT! any advice?? Any help would be appreciated.

question: will she eat treats? sometimes, my dog doesn't eat so what I will do is either feed it to her by hand or put some on the floor as if it were human food. she'll eat it and realize "oh yeah I do like this stuff" and eat it from the bowl. somehow in her mind the bowl, my hand, and the floor make the food different. 😂

if your dog likes treats, feed her a food as if it were a treat. if she knows tricks, have her do them before feeding her the treat.

(I'm not an expert but these are the tactics I will use in this situation)

question: will she eat treats? sometimes, my dog doesn't eat so what I will do is either feed it to her by hand or put some on the floor as if it were human food. she'll eat it and realize "oh yeah I do like this stuff" and eat it from the bowl. somehow in her mind the bowl, my hand, and the floor make the food different. 😂

if your dog likes treats, feed her a food as if it were a treat. if she knows tricks, have her do them before feeding her the treat.

she will eat it from my hand/spoon like a champ but somehow knows the diffrence between treats and food? she's too smart for her own good at this point...

oh shoot, i forgot that you said she was a collie! then you might just have to feed by hand because the treat tactic wont work)

she likes to eat food from the grass, but then she thinks she can eat any food out of the grass.. 🤣

i agree but please dont use bad language! id rather not have to read that! i apologize if that is annoying but its just the way I feel :thumbsup

Back
Top Bottom