pics as promised

Discussion in 'Geese' started by Billy-jean, Sep 13, 2012.

1. Billy-jean

Billy-jean Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 13, 2011
    Here is the enclosure for daytime,,and the geese are out on the lawn free range for half the day...I have increased the fencing out about 3 feet on the right side of this picture..

[​IMG]
    Their yard wraps full circle around the green coop/gazebo..on the other side is their pond.

[​IMG]
    This is their night coop shared with my chickens..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

you can see the separation from the chicken side on the right,and the geese on the left..the geese stall is smaller,but they only spend the short hours of the night in it..

[​IMG]
    and the favorite place,,their pond!

[​IMG]
    This is on the other side of their yard,,
    so is this sufficient space for 4 ducks,2 calls ducks,4 chickens(silkies) and 2 geese?

Last edited: Sep 13, 2012
  2. Miss Lydia

Miss Lydia Running over with Blessings Premium Member

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    Looks like a nice space for them and since your letting the geese out for some grazing looks like it is working fine, the stall my geese are sleeping in isn't much bigger, and like you said their only in there to sleep. love the pond too.

3. Billy-jean

Jun 13, 2011
    Thank you! I made the pond deeper this summer,,so they can swim completely underwater from each end..lol..funny to watch! I have been keeping a close eye on them,and they seem to be happy,and look like they are the protectors in there now! They break up squabbles that the other's may have ,,really funny! I love the personalities of geese..

4. Iain Utah

Iain Utah Overrun With Chickens

Dec 17, 2011
    Very nice pics!! X2 with Lydia... love the pond. The space is a good size so long as they are getting turn out on grass in the day. The dog house in the 1st pic would also make a nice goose house for your pair.

5. Miss Lydia

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    My geese do not like any kind of ruckus at all lol they are kinda like the police of the barnyard.

6. Billy-jean

Jun 13, 2011
    Thanks! The doghouse in the 1st pic is the night house for my 3 ducks ,lol, I tried to get them into a bigger place,but they won't even hear of it! They love that house,it's also warm in the winter because it's insulated. :)

7. Billy-jean

Jun 13, 2011
    hahaha,,That's exactly how I see them too,,like the police! even if the dogs get a bit over playful with each-other,the geese come running to split it up,,hilarious!

8. Miss Lydia

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    They are funny. I can't even sneeze with out my gander having something to say about it.

9. Billy-jean

Jun 13, 2011
    I know! When I laugh,it seems to me that they're imitating me,,they snicker,,,so funny!

10. Miss Lydia

Oct 3, 2009
    Western N.C.
    It can be the dead of winter with all windows closed and I can sneeze in the middle of the night and my gander has to say something. he is hilarious.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by