PICS FINALLY ADDED...Roo or Hen SF , and Cochin or not?

ladychicken&Ducklover

Songster
8 Years
May 21, 2011
Champion, Michigan
Hello again everybody.

2 days ago, I wrote about whether or not someone could tell if I had a Roo SF or hen.

I didnt have pictures at the time, so now I do.

They are great pics because they were taken thru the brooder glass, but I think they/ll do.

Now, along with Meyer hatchery not only routing my chicks back to them by accident, then when I did get my 2 " Partridge Cochins, Females", and 1 SF Roo and 1 Hen that all had Pasty butt, 1 SF with Spraddle leg and 1 Cochin that died Unexpectedly with my SF the next day, Im suspecting that I was sent the WRONG species in regards to my " Cochin".

So, my 2 questions...

Could someone tell me if my surviving Favorelle is a Roo or Hen, and if my surviving Cochin is actually a " Partridge Rock " instead, because she DOES NOT have 1 feather on her legs.

Do cochins get them as they grow or should she have them already??

Both babies are 3 weeks old today and in the pictures.

Thanks a bunch

92756_cochin2.jpg

PARTRIDGE COCHIN OR PARTRIDGE ROCK ? 2 WEEKS OLD AND NO FOOT FEATHERS...YET..??

92756_baby_favorelle.jpg

FAVORELLE ROO OR HEN?\\

These are the best pics so far, that I could get.

NEW PICTURES.. Babies are 3 weeks old.

Hi all,

I hope these new pics help in identifying whether I have a SF Rooster or Hen AND whether or not I have a Partridge Cochin or Not..

Note that the " Cochin" has NO FEATHERS on feet.

Thanks for the help.

92756_new_cochin_pic_1.jpg

92756_new_salmon_favorelle_3.jpg

Last edited:

stormylady

Songster
11 Years
Dec 27, 2008
Illinois
the pictures are really small but I think that the bottom picture is of a Salmon Fav. pullet. the first picture I can't really make out any detail on could you post as a image instead of a thumbnail please that would really help. My Cochins all had feathered legs when I got them.

Last edited:

somadlyinlove

Songster
9 Years
Jan 10, 2011
Lake county, California
hmm.png
My cochins legs and feet were very feathered at day 1 Pics would be better if you take them out of brooder and post them larger. Sorry about your order maybe the hatchery will refund your order. I haven't dealt with them so I don't know. I would not be a happy camper!

dretd

Crowing
10 Years
Apr 14, 2009
Ft Collins, CO
The Faverolles looks like a pullet-a roo would have dark brown /black on the wing tips by now.

Don't know if its a Rock, but doesn't look like a Cochin. Even a cross bred Cochin should have tiny feathers apparent on the outside of the shanks and outer toes at hatch.

ladychicken&Ducklover

Songster
8 Years
May 21, 2011
Champion, Michigan
Hello all,

After working on these pictures to see if anyone can tell me if I have a SF Rooster or Hen, along with whether or not the " Partridge Cochin hen " that I had ordered from Meyer Hatchery, these are the best I can come up with.

Most responses are that the Cochin is Not a Cochin afterall.

Could anyone give me ideas as to what she could be then ? ,Im curious and because Meyer Hatchery told me that I Would have to tell Them what they sent me.!

Both babies are just total " love sponges", love sitting on my shoulders , pecking at my hair, earrings etc . so they " fuss " at me when its time for them to go back to their brooder..LOL..

I can be " camera illiterate" at times. LOL

So, any thoughts will be greatly appreciated.

DD

92756_new_salmon_favorelle_3_113x150_113x150.jpg

92756_photo_-_copy_480x640_480x640.jpg

92756_new_cochin_pic_1.jpg

Nambroth

Fud Lady
8 Years
Apr 7, 2011
Western NY
My Coop
My Coop
I just got these breeds from Meyer this month, myself. Your Salmon Favorelles looks exactly like my two pullets when mine were that small. It's hard to know 100% for sure until she is older but I suspect yours is a young lady.
smile.png

Your 'cochin' looks like the partridge rock I received from Meyer. It might be a cochin with bad genetics but the body shape is different from the partridge cochin I had from them... Hatchery quality is not always up to par with the breed's standard. I'm sorry that I'm not more help on that end. If I were you I'd take a few clear photos of the 'cochin', especially showing the legs, and ask if they will do anything for you. It's one thing if they sent you a cochin that is non-standard, but another if the sent you an entirely different breed.... I have noticed that sometimes they respond quicker to their Facebook page than emails, because facebook stuff is out there for the public to see.

Best wishes!

MANNA-PRO

Top Bottom