PICS FINALLY ADDED...Roo or Hen SF , and Cochin or not?

ladychicken&Ducklover

Songster
8 Years
May 21, 2011
Champion, Michigan
Hello again everybody.

2 days ago, I wrote about whether or not someone could tell if I had a Roo SF or hen.

I didnt have pictures at the time, so now I do.

They are great pics because they were taken thru the brooder glass, but I think they/ll do.

Now, along with Meyer hatchery not only routing my chicks back to them by accident, then when I did get my 2 " Partridge Cochins, Females", and 1 SF Roo and 1 Hen that all had Pasty butt, 1 SF with Spraddle leg and 1 Cochin that died Unexpectedly with my SF the next day, Im suspecting that I was sent the WRONG species in regards to my " Cochin".

So, my 2 questions...

Could someone tell me if my surviving Favorelle is a Roo or Hen, and if my surviving Cochin is actually a " Partridge Rock " instead, because she DOES NOT have 1 feather on her legs.

Do cochins get them as they grow or should she have them already??

Both babies are 3 weeks old today and in the pictures.

Thanks a bunch

92756_cochin2.jpg

PARTRIDGE COCHIN OR PARTRIDGE ROCK ? 2 WEEKS OLD AND NO FOOT FEATHERS...YET..??

92756_baby_favorelle.jpg

FAVORELLE ROO OR HEN?\\

These are the best pics so far, that I could get.

NEW PICTURES.. Babies are 3 weeks old.

Hi all,

I hope these new pics help in identifying whether I have a SF Rooster or Hen AND whether or not I have a Partridge Cochin or Not..

Note that the " Cochin" has NO FEATHERS on feet.

Thanks for the help.

92756_new_cochin_pic_1.jpg

92756_new_salmon_favorelle_3.jpg

Last edited:
the pictures are really small but I think that the bottom picture is of a Salmon Fav. pullet. the first picture I can't really make out any detail on could you post as a image instead of a thumbnail please that would really help. My Cochins all had feathered legs when I got them.

Last edited:
hmm.png
My cochins legs and feet were very feathered at day 1 Pics would be better if you take them out of brooder and post them larger. Sorry about your order maybe the hatchery will refund your order. I haven't dealt with them so I don't know. I would not be a happy camper!

The Faverolles looks like a pullet-a roo would have dark brown /black on the wing tips by now.

Don't know if its a Rock, but doesn't look like a Cochin. Even a cross bred Cochin should have tiny feathers apparent on the outside of the shanks and outer toes at hatch.

Hello all,

After working on these pictures to see if anyone can tell me if I have a SF Rooster or Hen, along with whether or not the " Partridge Cochin hen " that I had ordered from Meyer Hatchery, these are the best I can come up with.

Most responses are that the Cochin is Not a Cochin afterall.

Could anyone give me ideas as to what she could be then ? ,Im curious and because Meyer Hatchery told me that I Would have to tell Them what they sent me.!

Both babies are just total " love sponges", love sitting on my shoulders , pecking at my hair, earrings etc . so they " fuss " at me when its time for them to go back to their brooder..LOL..

I can be " camera illiterate" at times. LOL

So, any thoughts will be greatly appreciated.

DD

92756_new_salmon_favorelle_3_113x150_113x150.jpg

92756_photo_-_copy_480x640_480x640.jpg

92756_new_cochin_pic_1.jpg

I just got these breeds from Meyer this month, myself. Your Salmon Favorelles looks exactly like my two pullets when mine were that small. It's hard to know 100% for sure until she is older but I suspect yours is a young lady.
smile.png

Your 'cochin' looks like the partridge rock I received from Meyer. It might be a cochin with bad genetics but the body shape is different from the partridge cochin I had from them... Hatchery quality is not always up to par with the breed's standard. I'm sorry that I'm not more help on that end. If I were you I'd take a few clear photos of the 'cochin', especially showing the legs, and ask if they will do anything for you. It's one thing if they sent you a cochin that is non-standard, but another if the sent you an entirely different breed.... I have noticed that sometimes they respond quicker to their Facebook page than emails, because facebook stuff is out there for the public to see.

Best wishes!

Back
Top Bottom