Pics from around the farm

jbourget

Songster
11 Years
Apr 4, 2008
CT
Well here we are January 9th and we have yet to see any snowfall. Its really hurting my snowboarding hobby with hardly any trails open but hey its easy for feeding the critters. I got some pretty good shots of the birds this weekend it was SO WARM out i was in a T shirt. We also did a little more work on the huge aviary we a re building from big ceder poles me and my dad logged from a friends. They will have plenty of room come spring to take flight up to a very high perch as they LOVE to do!

Waving HI! to all the Folks on BYC
tongue.png

8420_animals_455.jpg

Orion's train (named my new pied peacock) is looking better and better by the day since i rescued him and his mate from very cramped quarters.
8420_animals_376.jpg

Almost caught the white displaying facing me, but he turned too fast!
8420_animals_372.jpg

Im so fascinated with peafowls and how no 2 ever look alike! pieds are my favorite for sure! and whites. the 2 i am focusing on
8420_animals_378.jpg

White train growing too
droolin.gif

8420_animals_458.jpg

Now for thier new pens for spring. they will each get one side of it, and will be enclosed on 3 sides then ill make a run off the poles for them

8420_animals_422.jpg

my dad nailing in the beam we put up

To get an idea how tall.....
8420_animals_420.jpg

Hope you enjoy my photos!

WOW!
ep.gif
That pen is ...... GIGANTIC!
And we don't have any snow here in SD either, which is REALLY strange. The other day, we were pulling out fencing, it was so nice. Crazy!

Your pied peacock is very beautiful! I am sure they are very happy you saved them from their old cramped home! That new pen is looking great!
smile.png

I love the pieds too. Maybe I can get one next year. Your white is beautuful too.
Very nice pens. What a lot of work.

Thank you both. it is tons of work. but i try to divide up my time equally between each project, come spring i want to just branch off this main structure with breeding spaces for chickens, and other birds that I raise. as well as putting in a fish pond type river with a pump and all for the ducks to stay on.

Cant wait for eggs to start being laid!

Wow, so I'm not the only one that lives on the side of a hill where you have to cut a giant notch out of the earth with a tractor and move gobs of heavy rocks in order to be able to build level pens for the critters! That will be an awesome pen when it's completed, keep us updated with pics on the progress of it!

Your Peas are absolutely gorgeous... I want some Pieds soooo bad (whine whine whine). Love the rest of your critters too, you are makin' me want ducks tho... but I don't have a pond yet either. That's another notch that I'll have to dig out of the earth here first, lol dang it.

Thanks for sharing!

Last edited:
Beautiful Peas and thats gona be one nice pen for them.
I see all them rocks and went wow wished i had them here, i could do some cool stuff with them here , then it dawned on me how hard it must be to sink a post or digg out an area
ep.gif
How do you do it?

Back
Top Bottom