Pics of all the diffrent Button Quail colours please?

Quote:
He is, and he is still in the breeding program. His sons are showing alot of female color but still have not had one turn like him all the way.

Quote:
That first one I've seen called so many things.... Golden Red-breasted- Darth vader - Blue faced red-breasted.... I can't wait for the day the colors are all one name!!! I have pretty much given up on deciding what to call it cause each place I post a name some calls it something different.

I go by Garrie's color charts and by those charts he would be a Golden Red Breasted I have seen them called Darth Vader may times never seen them called Blue face Red Breasted. I for one think the different names is a pain, this is why I use only Gerries charts. I don't think there is anyone who has more information that is correct then him.

Quote:
He is, and he is still in the breeding program. His sons are showing alot of female color but still have not had one turn like him all the way.

I think you have the only one I've heard of .... ok well read about too
wink.png

He is very different indeed.

Quote:
That first one I've seen called so many things.... Golden Red-breasted- Darth vader - Blue faced red-breasted.... I can't wait for the day the colors are all one name!!! I have pretty much given up on deciding what to call it cause each place I post a name some calls it something different.

I go by Garrie's color charts and by those charts he would be a Golden Red Breasted I have seen them called Darth Vader may times never seen them called Blue face Red Breasted. I for one think the different names is a pain, this is why I use only Gerries charts. I don't think there is anyone who has more information that is correct then him.

I know what you mean about a pain. I have gone to peoples homes who said they had pied in there flock to find a normal wild because they thought three colors meant pied... replied to e-mails looking for bloodlines and what they offer verses what they had ws not the same name I had for them..... someday maybe everyone can be on the same page
smile.png

pics are great guys, thanks!
citalk2much, you mentioned a colour chart? is that available somewhere? beause that would be interesting to see..

For you more serious breeders, how do you decide if you have a New mutation, as opposed to just a variant of an exsisting colour?

Have any of you got a specific mutation that Only you breed, that nobody else has?

Quote:

Golden redbreast and Darth Vader are one in the same
smile.png
I've never heard of a blue-face redbreast.

im getting some button quail for my birthday and was wondering if a 75 gallon tank that is 4feet long and maybe 2feets wide would be good enough for a pair or trio i have several pins/cages but may use the fishtank if it is big enough just becouse some of the set up ive seen that were pretty but wouldnt work with wire bottom cages or the big 10foot cage im gonna put a top on for either them or pheasants this bird thing is going to far started with an easter chic and never wanting turky or anything but chickens and a duck or 2 hating stuff like turkey to seriously considering turkey
barnie.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom