Pics of Meyer EE's?

Yea I heard that, and with my luck I'd end up with all roosters! Lol I'm gonna give it a try though. My coop hasn't arrived yet so im getting impatient to start! I've never tried raising chickens period, so new at it all the way

Good luck, the hard part is waiting once you get them the rest is just like anything else. Ya learn as you go! Besides about any problem you run into someone on here has already had so you can always get help.

Sounds like we are having kids lol Sometimes it feels that way :)

Sexing day old chicks is not 100% thats true... But hatcherys have people who do it everyday and are very good at it... Ive never ordered a chick and got the wrong sex... They cant claim 100% or they'd be sued, but its like 99% and the other 1% is fully edible

Sexing day old chicks is not 100% thats true... But hatcherys have people who do it everyday and are very good at it... Ive never ordered a chick and got the wrong sex... They cant claim 100% or they'd be sued, but its like 99% and the other 1% is fully edible

I have never gotten the wrong sex either...I even got really lucky and only got the 1 roo I wanted with my straight run Buff Brahmas last year :D I love it when things go according to plan.

Buff brahma is what my cockeral is... 4 months old... How long did yours take to start crowing?? How long before he started mating??

Also, if your worried about getting the sex you dont want you could always get sex links... 100% accurate sexing and they are egg layin machines

He was about 4 1/2 or 5 months so I'm sure your boy will be crowing before long. Mine is approx. 8 months now and he doesn't crow alot usually about 2:30pm he crows for awhile...that is when most of my girls lay as well, but that is about it unless something odd is happening. Hope you enjoy him. I will have to look at your photos. I believe mine is actually a cochin cross but all I have are brahma girls so I'm keeping him....edited to clarify: I have others but I am only going to hatch the brahma eggs.

Last edited:
I cant wait, i love MY rooster crows... But my brothers rooster down the road or my fathers across the street crowing, drives me nuts lol

Yea I heard that, and with my luck I'd end up with all roosters! Lol I'm gonna give it a try though. My coop hasn't arrived yet so im getting impatient to start! I've never tried raising chickens period, so new at it all the way

Well, if you decided on chicks you can get started pretty quickly. You just need a food, box, light, bedding,and chicks! You won't need the coop for a while.
Another reason to get chicks rather than pullets
yippiechickie.gif

Back
Top Bottom