1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

PICS of my 8 week old chicks.

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by DavesWorld, Apr 28, 2007.

1. DavesWorld

DavesWorld Out Of The Brooder

Mar 2, 2007
    More like chickens, they're growing so fast, my only regret is that I wish I made the coop 5 times bigger but that's another project.

Sorry about the waterer.
    [​IMG]
    Andre', my black giant rooster is getting quite big.
    [​IMG]
    Black giant hen and new hampshire red hen.
    [​IMG]
    A light color new hampshire red.
    [​IMG]
    Their new coop soon to be moved out back.
    [​IMG]
    My barred rock hen " Kelly "
    [​IMG]
    Black Giant hen loving her roost.
    [​IMG]

2. 4H kids and mom

4H kids and mom Cooped Up

Mar 10, 2007
    Southern Wisconsin
    They look snug as bugs in a rug! What a cute little coop! [​IMG] Dont worry about the poop on the waterer...trust me, its nothing we havent all seen!

Only thing I would say is you might wanna find a way to raise the nestboxes off the floor, unless you cant, because they will use them for sleep and poopin and not just laying. [​IMG]

3. SkeeredChicken

SkeeredChicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2007
    Orlando, Florida
    Quote:It's the stark reality of having a waterer like that one. They can sit on top of it. For mine, they always throw their pine shaving in the water as well. I had to get a cage for my button quails so I can get them outta the chic brooder. Now I can work out how to get that thing up so they can't mess it up. I'm gonna hang a waterer from the rafters when I get my coop built. Then they can try dirtying it all they want, lol.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2007
  4. mudhen

mudhen confidently clueless

Jan 15, 2007
    Shepherdstown, WV
    DavesWorld, they have really grown!
    And the coop is terrific, I'm impressed by the roosts. I just found out today I have been using roosts that are on the small side in diameter (only about 2" round)
    BTW, Andre is huge! appropriately named too!! [​IMG]
    I found hanging the waterer (not the kind you have) and the feeder each with a squirrel baffle over the top (like the ones for bird feeders) has gone a long way to keeping the water and the food clean!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by