PICS of my 8 week old chicks.

DavesWorld

In the Brooder
12 Years
Mar 2, 2007
More like chickens, they're growing so fast, my only regret is that I wish I made the coop 5 times bigger but that's another project.

Sorry about the waterer.
take1.jpg

Andre', my black giant rooster is getting quite big.
take2.jpg

Black giant hen and new hampshire red hen.
take3.jpg

A light color new hampshire red.
take4.jpg

Their new coop soon to be moved out back.
take5.jpg

My barred rock hen " Kelly "
take7.jpg

Black Giant hen loving her roost.
take8.jpg

They look snug as bugs in a rug! What a cute little coop!
big_smile.png
Dont worry about the poop on the waterer...trust me, its nothing we havent all seen!

Only thing I would say is you might wanna find a way to raise the nestboxes off the floor, unless you cant, because they will use them for sleep and poopin and not just laying.
tongue.png

Quote:
It's the stark reality of having a waterer like that one. They can sit on top of it. For mine, they always throw their pine shaving in the water as well. I had to get a cage for my button quails so I can get them outta the chic brooder. Now I can work out how to get that thing up so they can't mess it up. I'm gonna hang a waterer from the rafters when I get my coop built. Then they can try dirtying it all they want, lol.

Last edited:
DavesWorld, they have really grown!
And the coop is terrific, I'm impressed by the roosts. I just found out today I have been using roosts that are on the small side in diameter (only about 2" round)
BTW, Andre is huge! appropriately named too!!
gig.gif

I found hanging the waterer (not the kind you have) and the feeder each with a squirrel baffle over the top (like the ones for bird feeders) has gone a long way to keeping the water and the food clean!

Back
Top Bottom