Pics of my Flock :)

Quote:
Hi Bonnie,
Im just learning the differences myself but i do know that Ameraucanas only lay blue colored eggs, where as easter eggers lay several different colors of eggs, and Auracanas do not have tails or something like that. I saw a website once that explaind the differences really well and it really did help but my brains drawing a blank if i find the link i'll post it for ya!

Quote:
Bonnie148 your birds are just EE's which are great they sound beautiful! I am sorry that happened to you but they are great backyard colorful egg layers. Hatcheries should start labeling their birds for what they really are EE's and not Ameraucana or Araucana.

Good Luck,
Henry

Wouldn't they make such a pretty pair??
IMG_1816.jpg
Diesel

Quote:
You mean how do THEY do it...I just open the door and they go out and are free to come and go. It really surprises me when they stay out all day in this cold. But they do. I was worried about them hanging out in the snow and threw a handful of straw in the corner of the garden. They had a condo built within 5 minutes.

That is a GREAT looking GLW. I'm kind of new at this and have never seen a GLW hen (we have a roo we love). She's awesome.
love.gif

I meant how do YOU deal with taking care of the animals in the snow. We don't get snow here that sticks. If we get snow at all! I could not do it. But I have never lived in the north either. Born and raised down here in the south. We have chickens, ducks, goats, peacocks and a donkey. I could not get out there in snow!

Quote:
You mean how do THEY do it...I just open the door and they go out and are free to come and go. It really surprises me when they stay out all day in this cold. But they do. I was worried about them hanging out in the snow and threw a handful of straw in the corner of the garden. They had a condo built within 5 minutes.

That is a GREAT looking GLW. I'm kind of new at this and have never seen a GLW hen (we have a roo we love). She's awesome.
love.gif

I meant how do YOU deal with taking care of the animals in the snow. We don't get snow here that sticks. If we get snow at all! I could not do it. But I have never lived in the north either. Born and raised down here in the south. We have chickens, ducks, goats, peacocks and a donkey. I could not get out there in snow!

haha its' just one of htose things you HAVE to do, but dont wanna do so some how ya manage! I WIsh so bad the snow didnt stick here!!!! LOL!

beautiful pics!

i still dont understand how you can get such a varied mix with a small flock...do you order them as chicks?

Back
Top Bottom