pics of my homemade cabinet incubator

Make sure the fan is not flush against the wall of the bator, put spacers there if you need to, or a larger fan, like a larger sized computer fan. Since the lower tray is a hatching tray, a lower temp is probably okay.

You may want to add another fan to get a bit better air circulation. The Incukit 110 is a bit light for a cabinet style incubator but with the additional fan you may even the temps out. You might want to take a look at my thread https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/730140/oldclucks-cabinet-incubator-build for some ideas It's built with the incukit 225 watt. I created a false back or baffle in my incubator to direct the air flow out, down, then back up. I also added an extra fan. Top and bottom stay at pretty much the same temps that way. imho 97 is a bit too low a temp and you will lose embryos that way.

Where is the second bulb?I dont see it.
I think you may need to do some work on this Heat rises so that may be the problem Yes MarineFarmer is a good one to contact
Hes made a few i think and changed his around a lot tooHe hatches `100's
Just pm him.
Not sure you can hatch at 97 Where is your fan? it should be circulating the air all thru the bator.If not you need to try and do something to get it to; or a light at the bottom too;.
I wouldnt use the bottom if you dont have to until it you can get the temp up a lttle higher .98 maybe they would be late but 97 i just dont know. Are you sure about the thermometer.. that its right? GOOD LUCK

I only have 1 light. I didn't know I needed any light at all since I have the incukit plus a fan. I'm gonna try and move the fan further away from the wall. I think that is the problem. With the fan only 2 inches from wall it doesn't blow very well.

Back
Top Bottom