PICS of my week old Serama chicks

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by JudyMcKinn, Jan 3, 2009.

1. JudyMcKinn

JudyMcKinn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 24, 2007
    SW MO
    I have managed to hatch 6 of the cutest little chicks I ever saw. Here are pics of 3 of them. The other 3 not pictured all look like the one with the longest wing feathersm except not quite as long. They hatched over 2 days, and the 2 smaller ones are a day younger. Hope you enjoy the pictures half as much as I am enjoying the babies.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    Those are sooooo tiny and adorable. [​IMG] I love Seramas! [​IMG]

3. allaboutdemchicks

allaboutdemchicks Chapel Farms

Sep 13, 2008
    Jemison, AL
    We have three and one looks JUST like yours. The mother is a wheaten and I believe that the coloration will be the same....but I could be wrong. Love the Seramas!! Thank you for sharing!

4. arabookworm

arabookworm Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 27, 2008
    Pittsburgh, PA
    [​IMG]

5. Chickenaddict

Chickenaddict Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2008
    East Bethel MN
    Absolutely adorable!!!! I hatched 12 in october and boy do they grow fast!!! I love seramas too [​IMG]

6. JudyMcKinn

Jan 24, 2007
    SW MO
    Thanks everyone, for your comments. The wing feathers are growing so fast you can almost see them grow. [​IMG] I think the tiniest bit of color may be starting to show now. I thought they were all going to be grey & white striped. but those are the baby feathers, and there is probably no telling what color they will end up. They are FAST!

7. chantecler

chantecler Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 25, 2008
    Moncton New Brunswick
    cute!!!![​IMG]

8. congdon476

congdon476 GaLLiNa LOcA

Dec 31, 2008
    Pueblo Area
    That first one looks like a born leader! They are cuties. I have looked at a lot of chick pics lately and they are some of the best looking chicks I've seen yet.

9. Chickenaddict

Chickenaddict Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2008
    East Bethel MN
    Quote:Those wing feathers really do grow fast, I was amazed with how fast they matured. They do grow up to look completely different from when they were chicks

My little ones their first day
    [​IMG]
    some of them now at almost 3 months old
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. JudyMcKinn

Jan 24, 2007
    SW MO
    Wow! All colors. I hope mine do that. Yours are looking great. They look mature, with the red combs. Do they mature at 3 months? Any eggs?
    But I see you did have some different color fuzz on first day. Mine are all yellow, except the one in the first pic i posted above. He had a more orangish look. --I am hoping for colors. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by