Pics of nest boxes

I like these, from our sponsors eggcartons.com:

FHP4N.300.jpg

http://www.eggcartons.com/product-exec/product_id/238/nm/4_Hole_Wood_Poultry_Laying_Nest_FHP_4N

Here's what I came up with after looking at several other photos on here. I made mine 14x14x14 and they love to sit in them. Now if they would just tip me with an egg for the rent...

PICT1385.jpg

You can save some time and money by just lining the plastic crates with something to keep the shavings inside. You could buy a box of heavy duty black trash bags to start with and wrap them around the outside of the crates. Good Luck!

For the short term, I've been using a cat carrier with the door removed. It's just sitting on the ground, and they usually use it.

Quote:
THANK YOU
bow.gif
that was just the info my family was looking for! we have just started construction on our coop and needed to know how big to make the nesting boxes.

Here's a pic of ours. I got the idea to use washtubs from someone else here at BYC but I can't remember who it was. Notice the rooster warming up the seat for one of his girls...what a guy!

DSC_6807-2.jpg

Then for the bantams we have a smaller version using a smaller plastic tub. The tubs are great because you can remove them and wash them if you need to.

DSC_6215.jpg

I don't have a picture, but I am using a rubbermaid container set on its side. The girls seem to love it and have enjoyed using it regularly!!! yay!! We had a ton of these on hand, so that is why I started using it. And since it worked out nicely, I just haven't changed it.
wink.png
I LOVE some of the suggestions on here though. There are some fancy boxes and some handy people here!!!!
smile.png

i use Rubbermaid tubs and 5 gallon buckets turned on their sides also. i like them because i can take it all apart very quickly to clean and disinfect.

here is a pic of the 5 gallon buckets. the lid was cut in half then snapped on.

12425_hpim0732.jpg

Back
Top Bottom