Pics of Our Survivors :)

mangled

Songster
11 Years
12 Years
Jan 25, 2008
The Wilds of Western PA
We had six survive out of the 7 hatched. The first pic is an EE, I'm pretty sure. Our EE roo got out of the bachelor's pen for about 4 or 5 hours about a month ago. Seems he made the most of his furlough.
wink.png

050508Hatch026.jpg

Biggest chick, first to hatch.
050508Hatch032.jpg

We have 2 just like this one. Almost a silver color with a bit of brown stripe on the head.
050508Hatch036.jpg

A group shot, minus the little EE chicks, who is always running around like a crazy thing.
smile.png

050508Hatch021.jpg

Em

Last edited:
Ooooh! I just LOVE the one with the little brown stripe on the head!!
love.gif
Any idea on what breed that is? Or if it is a designer chick, what crosses made it?
hu.gif
I WANT ONE! You are adding to my flourishing addiction!
barnie.gif
They are very pretty! Congrats!
jumpy.gif
woot.gif
clap.gif
wee.gif
yippiechickie.gif

It's hard to say. Here is my EE roo:
0313081535.jpg

It's hard to say what s/he's crossed with. My hens are silver-laced wyandotte, barred rocks, black australorpes, a rhode island red, and 2 "mutt" hens. I know s/he isn't a straight cross with my other EE hen, because her egg didn't hatch.

It'll be interesting, no matter what!
Em

Quote:
Designer chicks. I like that.

It's a Buff Orpington roo crossed over a silver laced wyandotte, most likely. I'll have to post pics when they begin to feather out.

I can always get you some eggs to hatch out.
wink.png

Em

Quote:
Designer chicks. I like that.

It's a Buff Orpington roo crossed over a silver laced wyandotte, most likely. I'll have to post pics when they begin to feather out.

I can always get you some eggs to hatch out.
wink.png

Em

YES! I will need some of these cute little hatchlings! My bator will not be ready for some more eggs until late next week though! Let me know if your birdies are still throwing some of these beauties out!
love.gif

I wish I had an incubator!!! I just absolutely love the silver with the brown stripe.
love.gif
What adorable chicks!! You have some beautiful babies there!!
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

Back
Top Bottom