Pics of Our Survivors :)

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by mangled, May 5, 2008.

1. mangled

mangled Chillin' With My Peeps

We had six survive out of the 7 hatched. The first pic is an EE, I'm pretty sure. Our EE roo got out of the bachelor's pen for about 4 or 5 hours about a month ago. Seems he made the most of his furlough. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Biggest chick, first to hatch.
    [​IMG]
    We have 2 just like this one. Almost a silver color with a bit of brown stripe on the head.
    [​IMG]
    A group shot, minus the little EE chicks, who is always running around like a crazy thing. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Em

Last edited: May 5, 2008
  2. Pookenpeakes

Pookenpeakes New Egg

May 3, 2008
    Interlochen, Michigan
    That first one looks like one we just got, We hope its a roo, what do you think he will look like when he gets bigger?

3. Lanissa86

Lanissa86 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2008
    San Antonio, TX
    Ooooh! I just LOVE the one with the little brown stripe on the head!! [​IMG] Any idea on what breed that is? Or if it is a designer chick, what crosses made it? [​IMG] I WANT ONE! You are adding to my flourishing addiction! [​IMG] They are very pretty! Congrats! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. mangled

It's hard to say. Here is my EE roo:
    [​IMG]
    It's hard to say what s/he's crossed with. My hens are silver-laced wyandotte, barred rocks, black australorpes, a rhode island red, and 2 "mutt" hens. I know s/he isn't a straight cross with my other EE hen, because her egg didn't hatch.

It'll be interesting, no matter what!
    Em

5. mangled

Quote:Designer chicks. I like that.

It's a Buff Orpington roo crossed over a silver laced wyandotte, most likely. I'll have to post pics when they begin to feather out.

I can always get you some eggs to hatch out. [​IMG]
    Em

6. Pookenpeakes

Pookenpeakes New Egg

May 3, 2008
    Interlochen, Michigan
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

here is our little guy, We named him Dale because of his racing stripes. Like NASCAR Dale.

7. Lanissa86

Lanissa86 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2008
    San Antonio, TX
    Quote:Designer chicks. I like that.

It's a Buff Orpington roo crossed over a silver laced wyandotte, most likely. I'll have to post pics when they begin to feather out.

I can always get you some eggs to hatch out. [​IMG]
    Em

YES! I will need some of these cute little hatchlings! My bator will not be ready for some more eggs until late next week though! Let me know if your birdies are still throwing some of these beauties out! [​IMG]

8. Gindee77

Gindee77 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2008
    QCA, Illinois
    I wish I had an incubator!!! I just absolutely love the silver with the brown stripe. [​IMG] What adorable chicks!! You have some beautiful babies there!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    They are adorable!!! Congrats on your hatch! [​IMG]

10. kodiakchicken

kodiakchicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 18, 2008
    Kodiak, Alaska
    I love the looks of the silver with brown stripes too! Can't wait to see how they feather out. TOO CUTE!!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by