Pics of PVC runs please?

I'm currently building one out of gray schedule 40 Pvc conduit. It is supposed to be more UV resistant than the white pipe. It has ended up costing more than I anticipated. Some of the Pvc fittings had to be special ordered online and either ordered by the case or pay more per piece so I ended up ordering 4 cases in case I make another one. I'm not finished yet, but this pic should give you an idea of the framework. This is latest pic, but I'm actually a little farther along than this.

I read if you paint it will last longer in the sun....but I have yet to test that. How does a run like this hold up in winter. My area is 24 ft long by about 10 ft wide....and need to make it into a run. Right now I have 6 chicken in about 36 ft sq of run space....

91707_img_1380.jpg
this is a 10'x10' pvc pen, bird netting on top, my tractor is enclosed. So far, all is going well with 2 Light Brahmas, 3 Cochin and as yet an undetermined number of BCM that are pullets. Am putting shade cloth on the top as the summer heat has already started. Everything put together with zipties, light weight to move, has held up to our winds well.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom