Pics of Steven at Ft. Jackson (Pic - Heavy!!!)

Quote:
was he able to send his address, or do you kinda just have to wait for mail from him know????

I forgot to say too....

I don't know how much of an issue the cell bill is for you or Steven, but as long as you have his POA you can go to the cell company and have a military suspension done on his phone now...Basically it shut off (for the time frame you tell them), and you don't have to pay the monthly bill. Then when he's done with basic you get it turned back on...don't loose anything you (or Steven) had for minutes, text, blah blah blah, and the price will stay the same as well.....I know basic isn't a super duper long time (compared to deployments), but it might be something to look into. We have done a military suspension on Jason's phone with both deployments...

I called Verizon about it, I can shut his phone off with no problems until he is able to use it again and save the money on my second line.
He is at his training battalion now, he sent one message this morning with a pic of him in glasses, he's never worn them before, he looks horrible, and I knows he feels awful too. He said "Now I'm bald and have glasses,, wonderful,,,,, miss you, love you, after this message I have to remove the battery and they will hold it until I leave."

He called me last night upset because one of the people there at the inprocessing was telling him and a couple of others that would be sent home in time for school to start so they wouldn't graduate from basic and would have to do it all over again. So he was going to tell them fine just send him back now because he didn't want to do it all for nothing and he wasn't listening to me when I told him that was not what was going to happen. I called his recruiter who called him and explained that yes he might be sent back 2 weeks before the end but that he will have passed everything he needs to be able to pass basic training, no he won't have to redo anything. So Steven settled down and I hope all will be ok now.

CRAZY!! Good thing it all worked out!!!
frow.gif

I don't have his address yet, as soon as he has the permanent address he'll send a card with it on it. I already have 6 letters written in envelopes ready to go!

I just spoke with my nephew who graduated Navy basic this morning, he's doing so good! He leaves for Pensacola Sunday morning at 2am, gotta mention chiggers.... hehehehehhehehe

Oooooooh chiggers. Nasty little devils, We get them every year. Just for the record, painting the bite with nail polish doesn't really work.

Nothing but patience and cutting your nails so short you can't scratch is the only way that I know of.
roll.png

hugs.gif
hugs.gif
God bless you and your son for taking care of the rest of us and being ready to fight for the freedom most of us take for granted every day. It is clear you have raised an amazing son and that you're an amazing person as well. I cannot thank our military men and women enough- including and especially our veterans. God bless you all- and even if some members of the government does not take care of you the way they should- the good Lord will.

WriterofWords- I will continue to pray for you- hang in there.
hugs.gif
hugs.gif

Thank you all, he went to his training battalion this morning so the hard part starts now. He's spirits are up, he knows that the past weeks has been super easy just getting paperwork and other little things done and that after this morning it's going to be a whole different world. I've got another picture to upload then I'll post it.

Back
Top Bottom