Pics of Steven at Ft. Jackson (Pic - Heavy!!!)

Mine just got back from AIT. He did his basic at Ft. Jackson too. Now it is leave and home town recruiting, then off to Ft Riley.

Wow, you must be so proud of him. I'm proud of him and don't even know him. What a driven young man to go through this before out of high school. Good for him. And, can I just say, I think he is a cutie patooty. The girls will be all over him in that uniform. August will be here before you know it!! Heck, it already feels like August here in TX.
lol.png

Steven tried to gain weight before he left because of the weight loss issues in basic, it didn't work. They have a weight waiver for him just in case he loses over 5 pounds while he's there. When I did basic back in '81 I was on a waiver the whole time, I'm afraid he'll be the same way.

I just realized in my other post I quoted myself rather than Andy 123!

Quote:
LOL he's usually very happy and smiling, I think he's trying to look "Army Strong" while taking his own pic on a phone.

You're not allowed to smile in an Army pic till you get older. The younger guys always take themselves too seriously. Just tell your son to eat what they feed him. When I was in they gave us about 6000 calories per day.Those 4 mile runs every morning should make him hungry.

Quote:
LOL he's usually very happy and smiling, I think he's trying to look "Army Strong" while taking his own pic on a phone.

I assumed that was what it was. I just didn't know if he is usually the smiley type, or is always that serious.

He can be very serious, but usually is a very happy and smiling young man. He's out of his element right now and very nervous, we spoke for the last time this morning as they went to their training battalions. I don't imagine I'll hear from him now until they are allowed to use the payphones in a few days.

And thank you again, yes I am VERY proud of him, no matter what happens, he's my heart.

Back
Top Bottom