Pics of Wyandottes anyone?

Idk how they wouldn't do well in the heat? My wife worries about are chickens in the cold (we are about a 90 minute ride west of Chicago), and we had -43 two weeks ago and are 2 hens did just fine and even kept laying eggs. The one hen got a small bit of frostbite on her comb, but nothing bad. If your coop is well ventilated or insulated in my case I wouldn't understand why the heat would make a difference. When they are hot they will drink and go in the shade. All animals have natural instinct, they know what to do, and when to do it. I would take an educated guess and say you would be fine. Plus I think they are one of the best looking birds out there
D.gif

ive got two hens, I believe are golden laced wyandottes, not for sure though because they were given to me, ill try to post pictures tomorrow of them to get opinion!

I
Oh, ok good to know, thank you.

Do you know how well she may do in the heat? We are in Florida and the heat and humidity is hard core. We have their coop attached to the potting shed which has AC for the day time but at night we have a fan to circulate the air in their coop for night time. I'm hoping that will be enough besides the windows in there.
I have 4 slw's and I also live in Florida and I have never had a problem when it comes to heat.

Back
Top Bottom