Pics of Wyandottes anyone?

raisinemright

Songster
6 Years
Nov 2, 2013
I am thinking of later this year adding a few Wyandottes to our flock. I think these are gorgeous birds. Does anyone have them and have any pics to share? If so I would love to see them thanks.

I have an awesome Columbian Wyandotte (Daisy) she turned out to be the prettiest of all my girls. None of my girls like to be held yet or even touched for that matter but she is still a sweetie pie. Here is a pic of her as a little Daisy and one from a couple days ago. She hasn't started laying yet (she's almost 5 months old) but she's still awesome. The only weird thing is she doesn't have a comb. She has a tiny speck that looks like one trying to form but that's it. But she's still very pretty.

I have an awesome Columbian Wyandotte (Daisy) she turned out to be the prettiest of all my girls. None of my girls like to be held yet or even touched for that matter but she is still a sweetie pie. Here is a pic of her as a little Daisy and one from a couple days ago. She hasn't started laying yet (she's almost 5 months old) but she's still awesome. The only weird thing is she doesn't have a comb. She has a tiny speck that looks like one trying to form but that's it. But she's still very pretty.
What a beautiful girl!!

Yes she is beautiful!!!! Congrats on her. I found some eggs that will be ready in April but they are probably already spoken for. I would love to find a few to hatch out! Congrats again and thanks for sharing!

Wyandotte'shave very small combs because they are a cold hardy bird. She will never have a comb like other chickens. I didn't know this until a couple weeks ago, soooooo I'm just passing some info your way. I guess less chance of frostbite if I had to guess.

Oh, ok good to know, thank you.

Do you know how well she may do in the heat? We are in Florida and the heat and humidity is hard core. We have their coop attached to the potting shed which has AC for the day time but at night we have a fan to circulate the air in their coop for night time. I'm hoping that will be enough besides the windows in there.

I have 5 silver laced wyandottes. They are pretty birds.
smile.png
Here is one picture of one, it's not the best and it's the only picture I have, besides the wyandotte in my DP. The one in my DP is a bit different, she's supposed to be a wyandotte, but her coloring and pattern is a bit different compared to my other 4, but she she is a sweetheart.

Broody

Pearl

Back
Top Bottom