(PICS@POST #1)Starting a dozen eggs Sunday, Oct 2...any joiners?

Lesalynn

Songster
10 Years
Jul 25, 2009
Darnell, Louisiana
Gonna have at least a dozen eggs going in on Sunday. So far I have 8 bearded splash Silkie, 3 of my EE's, and 1 brown leghorn mix. Hopefully my 3 laying EE's will add a few more by then. UPDATE: Five chics have hatched so far! All three EEs and two Silkies. Here's a couple pics of the Silkies (fourth try and finally got a couple to hatch!!!) One is a real light silver, the other just a little darker with some golden-brown mixed in. They are just so beautiful!!!! Thank you so much, sneakers!!
hugs.gif
37609_silver_silkie.jpg
37609_photo1386.jpg

Last edited:
I wasn't going to hatch any more eggs untill spring but you silkie fanatics have corrupted me
gig.gif
lau.gif
gig.gif
I ended up winning a BYC Auction for a dozen silkie eggs that will be delivered today
wee.gif
celebrate.gif
wee.gif
I am blaming all of you
gig.gif
love.gif
celebrate.gif

Well, as of 5 pm yesterday, I have 13 eggs in my bator... 8 splash Silkies, 4 EEs, and 1 Brown Leghorn mix (3/4 BL, 1/4 Columbian Wyandotte). Hoping my other EE lays today, and I can add another of hers. Temp holding at an even 100, and humidity at 40-45.

I set 14 White Showgirl Eggs on Saturday the 1st.
wee.gif
I also have 2 dozen eggs I set at the same time for my friend. AND, I have 15 Buff Laced Polish that came today and will go in tomorrow. Hope everyone has a great hatch
fl.gif
fl.gif

Quote:
Oh good! I'm totally new to this, and I am in a mild panic because my best looking Blue Splash egg has a hairline crack in it!
sad.png
You can't see it unless you candle it, but I am wondering if I should keep it and try to fix it or if I should just pitch it.... Anyone have any advice?

Back
Top Bottom