Picture of my Silkie Coop

ChickensXOXO

Songster
8 Years
Apr 13, 2011
The Carolinas
I have four silkies in a pen, and they're my pets. I wanted to buy a simple, inexpensive "coop" for them, so I looked into some wooden dog houses. I purchased one, and it arrived yesterday. We got it put together before dark, and the silkies were able to spend the night in it.
smile.png

I'm going to fix it up a little when I get the chance. Cover the "windows" with some plastic, and put a coat of paint on it to help it last. I'm thinking sage green?

Here it is.

I have four silkies in a pen, and they're my pets. I wanted to buy a simple, inexpensive "coop" for them, so I looked into some wooden dog houses. I purchased one, and it arrived yesterday. We got it put together before dark, and the silkies were able to spend the night in it.
smile.png

I'm going to fix it up a little when I get the chance. Cover the "windows" with some plastic, and put a coat of paint on it to help it last. I'm thinking sage green?

Here it is.

Sweet!!
thumbsup.gif

I was looking at that same house for a grow house for guinea keets! It is darling...and sage green would be really pretty!

Thanks everyone. I really like it. So cute. But it's not the "toughest" wood (fir wood) - should work for little silkies though. I think a coat of paint will help it last too.

I purchased it from Wayfair; they have free shipping. There's a small, medium, and large. I bought the large for $137.99.

Here's the link: http://www.wayfair.com/Pet-Squeak-Doggy-Den-Dog-House-PETS-2001-EAK1004.html

They have other nice dog houses on that website too.

thanks I love it...i went and bought the 'Barn Dog House'...I have been looking for somewhere to put my silkie roo as his ladies are not old enough yet and he won't leave them alone...I love the little houses and they are perfect for silkies to step into and sleep on the floor...with a few modifications it will be perfect...thanks for sharing...I will post when mine arrives...

Back
Top Bottom