Picture Of The Week (POW) Information & Submissions

The boys in Camp Cockerel.
0619220903.jpg

Not likely. He is bold and curious. Most likely to leave mom's side. Stands very upright, and leads the pack.
Hey, girls can be leaders too! How is he feathering out compared to the others? Legs thicker or not?

I've only had one accidental cockerel, knew he wasn't a pullet at 3 weeks. Had to wait until 11 weeks to tell Meyer they owed me a "90% guarantee" refund.

Hey, girls can be leaders too! How is he feathering out compared to the others? Legs thicker or not?

I've only had one accidental cockerel, knew he wasn't a pullet at 3 weeks. Had to wait until 11 weeks to tell Meyer they owed me a "90% guarantee" refund.
They all are feathering about the same. I haven't noticed any slow bloomers.
But, if all 8 are females it would be a miracle. I've never hatched all females. 2x have hatched all males. Last year was the first time that I've ever had a good ratio. That was 4 females out of 7.
I'm always hopeful all are females, but I sure wouldn't bet the farm. Lol.

I can’t help it! I think they’re the most adorable chicks ever!
:lau
Not likely. He is bold and curious. Most likely to leave mom's side. Stands very upright, and leads the pack.
That's how I guessed I had a rooster. Out of 5 chicks, even at 6 weeks old, 1 always seemed alert and upright with his head above the rest. Too bad he turned out to be a jerk :lol: with a thing for reds.
Not me, @Cynthia12
:lol: I haven't jumped on that train yet.
The boys in Camp Cockerel.View attachment 3154520
💜 so, how far from females do they need to be in order to have peace?
They all are feathering about the same. I haven't noticed any slow bloomers.
But, if all 8 are females it would be a miracle. I've never hatched all females. 2x have hatched all males. Last year was the first time that I've ever had a good ratio. That was 4 females out of 7.
I'm always hopeful all are females, but I sure wouldn't bet the farm. Lol.
The Y chromosome is strong in your flock lol. I've got my fingers crossed for Rider to be female!

:lau

That's how I guessed I had a rooster. Out of 5 chicks, even at 6 weeks old, 1 always seemed alert and upright with his head above the rest. Too bad he turned out to be a jerk :lol: with a thing for reds.

Not me, @Cynthia12
:lol: I haven't jumped on that train yet.

💜 so, how far from females do they need to be in order to have peace?

The Y chromosome is strong in your flock lol. I've got my fingers crossed for Rider to be female!
You need to then :lol:

Back
Top Bottom