Picture Of The Week (POW) Information & Submissions

Queen of hearts practicing her egg song. ( she literally had a giant black heart on the front of her crest)

Attachments

• 91B81F46-2A59-49B0-8055-76A7A6213DEC.jpeg
    91B81F46-2A59-49B0-8055-76A7A6213DEC.jpeg
    174.9 KB · Views: 32
They are SOOO beautiful! What breed(s) are they? 😍
I am not sure! I have a thread on Deloise, she nearly died and had belonged to a friend who brought her over for me to care for, then I got attached so I bought her and two other chicks. They are a mix of breeds, and Chaska has some feathers on her legs. She might be part silkie, but as for the others I have no clue!

This is SuSi(Black Sumatra bred by a Silkie/Cochin(bearded/muffed) roo). I find him to be in the absolute eye candy category. He was the sole survivor from his January flockmates and was reared by my broodzilla Black Sumatra hen. She had only two hatch from the 5 she initially incubated. Trust me when I say this guy is a true keeper. Very gentle, doesn't like drama and has no interest at this time of climbing up the pecking order at about 10 months of age. At present he is 3+ pounds and human shy so when getting photographed he took me on a little walk today. It is a shame I didn't catch him in the full sun as we were overcast then he really shines with his iridescence. He roosts on top of the coop but not in the trees as many of my Sumatra do. Regardless, he is flighted(clears 6 foot fences easily) unlike the silkies.

Attachments

• IMG_7119.JPG
    IMG_7119.JPG
    450.5 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_7123.JPG
    IMG_7123.JPG
    459 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
This is SuSi(Black Sumatra bred by a Silkie/Cochin(bearded/muffed) roo). I find him to be in the absolute eye candy category. He was the sole survivor from his January flockmates and was reared by my broodzilla Black Sumatra hen. She had only two hatch from the 5 she initially incubated. Trust me when I say this guy is a true keeper. Very gentle, doesn't like drama and has no interest at this time of climbing up the pecking order at about 10 months of age. At present he is 3+ pounds and human shy so when getting photographed he took me on a little walk today. It is a shame I didn't catch him in the full sun as we were overcast then he really shines with his iridescence. He roosts on top of the coop but not in the trees as many of my Sumatra do. Regardless, he is flighted(clears 6 foot fences easily) unlike the silkies.
Wow he is beautiful!!

Back
Top Bottom