Picture Of The Week (POW) Information & Submissions

View attachment 2476675

This is Emma, my blue cochin pullet who just started laying this past week! She doesn't know what to think of snow yet :p
Beautiful picture and a very pretty hen. I'm starting to look into cochins as i think one or two pretty puff ball girls would fit right in with my marans. The more feathered feet chicks i have the better lol.

chestnut enjoying the cold morning
image2.jpeg

Beautiful picture and a very pretty hen. I'm starting to look into cochins as i think one or two pretty puff ball girls would fit right in with my marans. The more feathered feet chicks i have the better lol.

Thanks! Cochins are such cute and lovable balls of fluff - ours get along well with the pair of Marans I have 💕

Thanks! Cochins are such cute and lovable balls of fluff - ours get along well with the pair of Marans I have 💕
Thank you for the little bit of insight on them. Marans have became my favorite and my main goal. I don't plan on adding anymore personal chickens for myself to my flock until this fall. I'm starting to do some research on them, and if they meet my personal wish list *fluffy feet, friendly and able to free range successfully" I may look into getting some hatching eggs this fall. I figure if i can hatch at least 6, i should get 2 hens from them and sell the boys. Only boys here are my 2 marans Drumstick and his son Bumblebee. I just need to avoid the rural king chick bin when i go buy feed. For the past month they've had a few cochin chicks. Nothing against them but if i do add cochins those from breeders look better to me at least.

Thank you for the little bit of insight on them. Marans have became my favorite and my main goal. I don't plan on adding anymore personal chickens for myself to my flock until this fall. I'm starting to do some research on them, and if they meet my personal wish list *fluffy feet, friendly and able to free range successfully" I may look into getting some hatching eggs this fall. I figure if i can hatch at least 6, i should get 2 hens from them and sell the boys. Only boys here are my 2 marans Drumstick and his son Bumblebee. I just need to avoid the rural king chick bin when i go buy feed. For the past month they've had a few cochin chicks. Nothing against them but if i do add cochins those from breeders look better to me at least.

The lines we have would definitely fit your Wishlist for traits and they are a fun addition to any flock. And yes, you'll get a better fluffy bum and feathering from non-hatchery stock - those from good breeders are often more impressive (although I've seen people luck out sometimes!).

Back
Top Bottom